Will the Rhino go Extinct?

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am so excited for rhino 3

[nx] wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:44 am I am so excited for rhino 3
I guess the only thing I wonder is if it would be as fast. But then again the 2gether stuff is pretty solid. But, I like the fact that Rhino has all of the user submissions in the way of presets too.. If it allowed the inclusion of older legacy presets I guess it'd be boss.

Any updates on Rhino updates?

extinct it seems
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Big Tick wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:26 pm It's not going extinct, actually here is something for you, that's been in the works for quite a while (and still has ways to go):
https://www.behance.net/gallery/6562893 ... -Redesignp
I was very excited to see the above posted but it's from February 2019.

I suppose all the craziness that's gone on in the world in the last 18 months could have delayed any progress.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

nm,.
Last edited by codec_spurt on Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I know... it's been a very long time since these screenshots. I have been so busy with multiple projects, progress has been slow. I'd stay it's about 65% converted to the new UI.

Big Tick wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:58 pm I know... it's been a very long time since these screenshots. I have been so busy with multiple projects, progress has been slow. I'd stay it's about 65% converted to the new UI.
Understand.
But is the intent/interest to further develop it there? Or is it just something that happens between the cracks of other projects?

Don't even know it's current status TBH. Does it work in current, 64bit DAWs?

Yes it's been running in 64bits for a very long time. The latest OSX versions might have a hard time though, with all the new security "enhancements" that Apple likes to push into us.

This update I've been working on forever is a brand new UI (which is the majority of the code really), plus a few extra features such as more effects.

codec_spurt wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:55 am Sounds powerful and smooth.
I agree, there is something right about its sound. Creamy and always fits well into the mix.

I'm glad to see Big Tick chimed in. I wonder if any of the enhancements will involve sfz import.
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Big Tick wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:26 pm It's not going extinct, actually here is something for you, that's been in the works for quite a while (and still has ways to go):
https://www.behance.net/gallery/6562893 ... -Redesignp
Very promising and very nice.

The subtle gradients and shadows make it easy to differentiate between the parts and functions.

I also love it when the interfaces permanently display the numerical values of the parameters. It helps a lot with comparisons, sound "troubleshooting", and allows you to save settings via screenshots, which is sometimes faster and more suitable than via presets.
Last edited by Widowsky on Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Would be great to have a modern larger interface - Rhino is still the best sounding FM synth I have - I'd be happy to beta any works in progress even

I have just moved to Big Sur - any news on the Rhino 3 update?

Still under way. I know. That's shamefully slow.

Return to “Big Tick”