Has KVR stopped fighting spam or is something else going on here?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wonder if I am the only one realizing the sheer increase of newly registered users who open an account to make just one single post and never come back again. Or necrobumping ancient threads of topics that aren´t even relevant any more, but could anytime encourage people to buy something they didn´t even think about before. GAS

All those threads look always the same:

Recommend a good eq..
Recommend a good analogue synth..
Good workhorse synth..

But the really scary thing is that so many people make recommendations and give their opinions (without bad intention of course) but don´t ever notice that the op doesn´t care at all and never replies.
I´m not quite sure though if these are just spambots or even a sales strategy of devs or plugin vendors who are interested in drawing attention to their products and start discussions just to generate sales.

If demand is deteriorating, a good business man is triggering demand. Why not?
Obviously it‘s a win / win situation:
happy business guys plus bored forum guys being able to tell the world about their deep knowledge.

Calenberger wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:25 pm If demand is deteriorating, a good business man is triggering demand. Why not?
happy business guys plus bored forum guys being able to tell the world about their deep knowledge.
For sure. I sometimes start threads with a question... Normally something I could find on Google. Yes, I'm looking for an answer, but I also just want to have a chat. :tu:

chk071 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:46 pm I see loads of such threads...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=543879

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=503453

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=543210

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=543919

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=544141

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=514501

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=542971

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=543880

That's just from the first 1 1/2 pages of the Instruments and Effects forums.
Skimming thread titles, that might seem so. Analysing deeper (posting history) I don't see that much fishy going on tbh.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Maybe the lockdown has led to people picking up music production as a hobby or restarting after a long period of other things. I personally don't see the issue with old threads being necroed if the question is still relevant.

As for people making one post and leaving, people that post things in forums seem to be a minority compared with the numbers of visitors to the site, some people just don't want to be a regular poster. Maybe they just had one question they wanted the answer to and will go back to lurking
Signatures are so early 2000s.

KVR is a forum attached to a store. Haven't you noticed this?

BertKoor wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:57 pm

Skimming thread titles, that might seem so. Analysing deeper (posting history) I don't see that much fishy going on tbh.
I didn't mean that those are fishy threads. Actually, I wonder about the accusations made by the OP. I never saw such threads as fishy. It's just the typical "Wow me, I have no opinion" stuff, which is such a perfect hotbed for nowadays' influencers.

Well, I´m not so sure about those threads. They seem legit to me and have a healthy discussion. Most of them.

What I mean is something like this one here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=543486

So many people have replied to help this guy. Absolutely no reaction.
If you look at his other 4 posts in other topics, you will notice the same behaviour. They seem to be made completely random.

This is only one from many examples I could post here. But I think you get the idea.

Calenberger wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:25 pm If demand is deteriorating, a good business man is triggering demand. Why not?
I don´t get what you mean to be honest.
A good business man won´t open 10 accounts just to generate sales. He will keep his thread clean and try to maintain a good discussion about his products.

You’re apparently a fan of laissez-faire capitalism, per this bizarre interpretation of forum abuse, and your pro-corporate (or corporate defense) posts elsewhere. I presume you’re one of those self-professed entrepreneurs or small business owners...?

I never noticed you here prior to the Native Instruments activation cessation thread.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

People have always used KVR as a mouthpiece for their wares.

I don't know how to catch 1 post posters. Prob impossible.

But as mentioned, some good discussion often starts.

It's harmless enough

- and blatant misuse usually gets spotted quickly enough

- thanks to our diligent members :)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Jace-BeOS wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:05 pm
You’re apparently a fan of laissez-faire capitalism, per this bizarre interpretation of forum abuse, and your pro-corporate (or corporate defense) posts elsewhere. I presume you’re one of those self-professed entrepreneurs or small business owners...?

I never noticed you here prior to the Native Instruments activation cessation thread.
I'm surprised that you never noticed that this whole site is one big advertising platform for audio software (and hardware) companies. Guess who pays the bills here.

kevvvvv wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:09 pm People have always used KVR as a mouthpiece for their wares.

I don't know how to catch 1 post posters. Prob impossible.

But as mentioned, some good discussion often starts.

It's harmless enough

- and blatant misuse usually gets spotted quickly enough

- thanks to our diligent members :)
agreed and as for taking a hard stance against spam our fearless leader doesn't waver, we all do our part but when it comes to stopping spam Ben is amazing imo :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

chk071 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:14 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:05 pm

I'm surprised that you never noticed that this whole site is one big advertising platform for audio software (and hardware) companies. Guess who pays the bills here.
Why are you starting shit with me on this thread? I wasn’t talking to you.

Are you feeling defensive of laissez-faire capitalism, or about the Native Instruments thread...?

You and Calenberger were the two most defensive (and hostile) commentators, protecting NI and capitalism against the pitchforks and torches of the evil customer mob...

Seriously, the system (and NI) doesn’t need you to protect it from non-entrepreneurs...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Site Stuff”