Falcon AIR released on patchpool

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ambient Strings for Falcon / MachFive 3 Falcon Falcon AIR Scattered Entity Vol. 1 for Falcon/MachFive 3

Falcon AIR has now been released, I'll be sending out the links in a minute.

Falcon Air combines organic acoustic samples with the plethora of synthesis forms available in Falcon. Often several different synthesis modules are combined within in one patch, many presets make use of the new multi-granular engine, the wavetable synth and the new physical modeling module introduced in Falcon. All samples, wavetables and images (for image re-synthesis in the WT synth) were created especially for this library.

Expressive hybrid instruments meet multi-sampled percussive sounds, sweet ambient pads, ethereal textures and minimal sequences are drowned in haunting granular abysses, electric guitar ambiences, feedback swells and mesmerizing industrial drones, technoid synth arps and big bass sounds are accompanied by ethnic drums, beautiful mallets and various chromatic percussion sounds.

The sample content was generated from multi-sampled percussion instruments and glass objects, industrial field recordings executed in factories, electric guitar instruments, weird sounds of electronic gadgets captured with special coil microphones, audio-morphed vocal sounds and electronic soundscapes, also re-synthesizing and audio-morphing acoustic sounds with programs like Metasynth, Morph and Kaleidoscope, to name a few.

All patches have up to 30 Macros and switches assigned, most make use of the modulation wheel, quite a few also use aftertouch. In many patches tempo-synced modulators are used to animate the amplitudes and filters of the involved samples and sound generators, often key-switchable sound combinations or different articulations are available within one patch. All patches which have several different sounds split across the keyboard (often over a range of six octaves or more) use key-coloring in Falcon's keyboard which makes it easier to navigate through the various split sounds.

Specs:
  • *2.57 GB of original samples (538 wavs/stereo/48 Khz/24 Bit/phase-aligned), 24 wavetables, 1 single cycle waveform, 2 impulse responses, 11 images - very few samples were borrowed from other patchpool libraries. The content is not encrypted, so you can use the samples and wavetables in other samplers and synths or directly in your DAW.
    *102 patches combining most synthesis forms available in Falcon.
    *Library size in total: 2.6 GB
    *Delivery: download (RAR-archive in 3 parts for better download handling)
    *Price: € 56 EUR
Sampled acoustic Instruments:
  • *Chinese opera cymbals, bowed and beaten, also hand cymbals
    *Wahwah tube
    *Water drums / jicara de aqua (a pair of water pumpkins)
    *Various bell types like Japanese wind bells, Nepalese crotales, bell trees, camel bells, sleigh bells, bronze bells, swirling bells (solid sonic triangles)
    *Glass gongs
    *Large frame drum
    *Amped electric guitar - drones, feedback swells, chord textures, e-bow sounds
Patch categories:
  • *Bells (13)
    *Cymbals - Percussion (11)
    *Guitars (12)
    *Mallets - Plucks (12)
    *Pads - Textures (18)
    *Sequencer - Arps (11)
    *Soundscapes - Drones - FX (14)
    *Synths - Keys (11)
All acoustic samples in this library were recorded with 3, sometimes 4 top notch microphones (Neumann/Shure) in L-C-R in 48 Khz/24 Bit, the microphone signals of all acoustic samples were phase-aligned which improves the stereo picture, enhances the transparency of the sound and makes for snappier transients.

You can view/download the PDF for this library with more details, the licence agreement, and the patchlist including descrtptions and playing tips here.

Product page

Audio demos:

All demos were produced entirely with Falcon using only patches from AIR, no post-processing was applied apart from a limiter on the outputs and some volume automation, if several instances of Falcon were used in a track.

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... ibrary-for

Videos too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbZRtbc ... r4&index=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzI0Vm ... r4&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1ZXRn9 ... r4&index=3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OmNnr4 ... r4&index=7

More demos in this playlist on my youtube which also contains some tutorials for Falcon, demos for some of my Falcon factory sounds and other experiments.

Thank's for reading
Simon Stockhausen

:tu: downloading ... Congratulations! Can't wait to mess about.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote::tu: downloading ... Congratulations! Can't wait to mess about.
Thank you - I made it just in time - :party:

Sampleconstruct wrote:
hey, do I need to extract all 3 parts, or is it linked so I just unrar #1?

SJ_Digriz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
hey, do I need to extract all 3 parts, or is it linked so I just unrar #1?
Just open part 1, and it then all extracts, it's like one big folder.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Just open part 1, and it then all extracts, it's like one big folder.
yeah, I didn't know if it was a single archive or not. When I tried to do the 2nd and 3rd rar I was getting CRC errors.

bleh, I just read at the end of your email that you provided those instructions. Sorry about that.

I am getting an error saying that it can't find part 4. But, everything seems to be working.

SJ_Digriz wrote:bleh, I just read at the end of your email that you provided those instructions. Sorry about that.

I am getting an error saying that it can't find part 4. But, everything seems to be working.
There never was a part 4, must be due to the program you're using to decompress the RAR, I unpacked it on 2 different computers with 2 different apps and it was all good. Get info on the Falcon AIR-folder, if it's 2.6 GB in total (2.57 for just the sample folder), you're all good, and you would be getting missing assets warnings, in case something would be missing.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:bleh, I just read at the end of your email that you provided those instructions. Sorry about that.

There never was a part 4, must be due to the program you're using to decompress the RAR, I unpacked it on 2 different computers with 2 different apps and it was all good. Get info on the Falcon AIR-folder, if it's 2.6 GB in total (2.57 for just the sample folder), you're all good, and you would be getting missing assets warnings, in case something would be missing.
thanks for checking. All seems to be good. And some great stuff so far. Really looking forward to digging into the wavetables.

I just added the supplement below to the order confirmation, as some of you are obviously still using Falcon version 1.00 and a lot of things have been fixed and added since the release, some features in AIR will only work with the latest version 1.04:

Please note: Falcon AIR needs Falcon version 1.04 or higher to be installed on your system in order to work correctly with all features used in the patches.

There is now also a Falcon-Bundle available containing all three patchpool libraries for Falcon (and two of them for MachFive).

At the bottom of the Falcon overview-page, or at the the bottom of the individual pages for Falcon AIR, Ambient Strings and Scattered Entity.

Happy New Year!

Stepping through/improvising with all 18 patches from the Falcon AIR - Pads&Textures-category, which takes a while :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B7hfo41MyQ

After wading through the inevitable marshes of the beginner's level of Falcon, is there a better way to move to the higher levels than dissecting Falcon Air?

I doubt it.

Thanks Simon to make this set available, and for the samples, wavetables etc!
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

ErikH wrote:After wading through the inevitable marshes of the beginner's level of Falcon, is there a better way to move to the higher levels than dissecting Falcon Air?

I doubt it.

Thanks Simon to make this set available, and for the samples, wavetables etc!
Thank you, Erik - I guess dissecting/reverse engineering some of these patches will shed some light on the depth of the Falcon sound engines and the complex modulation system. And making some music with these sounds can't hurt either :)

----

On a different note:

I'm already working on more Falcon stuff, as I will be releasing Falcon Singles, single instruments and smaller libraries for Falcon, the oud from Alchemy Aqualignum is first to come, maybe even later today, roundabout 15 patches and 800MB of samples, also using wave-tabled oud sounds and combining pluck synths with oud samples.

As many of you have asked about a bundle upgrade from Falcon AIR to the full Falcon bundle containing all 3 libraries for Falcon/MachFive (not the instruments from the Falcon Singles-series), YES, this is possible, I made a note on the website, just contact me directly via patchpool. So if you hod a license to any of these 3 libs, you can upgrade to the full bundle at the 15% discount.

Return to “patchpool”