TX16Wx 3.0.0 Released

Official support for: tx16wx.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No worries...

I usually turn up at the party after the early adopters have tasted the food and have declared that it is safe to eat...

It's frustrating to tuck into a delicious looking feast,only to discover that you've contracted salmonella and the dihoreah has your arse planted on the toilet for a few hours 😷

Plus,that downtime puts a big hole in your studio workflow :)
No auto tune...

Mc UB wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:40 pm Fix 3.0.1 sadly did not fix the GUI in my case (still white gui-less view).

It did indeed output a bit more on the 'Could not load resource', see screenshot.

Is 'buttons-default.skinc' a file? I can't find it in C://program files/tx16wx folder? Where would I look?

No rush here, if I can do anything to help, let me know.

regards, Frank
This means you have some version 2 skin still installed and it is set as default skin.

Make sure you did a clean uninstall of TX16Wx v2, and wipe out any remaining skin files in the install dir and AppData folder.

I would also suggest deleting settings.ini from <AppData>\Local\TX16Wx to reset skin parameters.

Old skin files for version 2 will not work with TXv3. I will try to make it a little more resilient.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

BTW: Here is a screenshot of a ridiculous nuclear green mod of the default theme, just
to give an idea of the kind of UI changes one can make without much difficulty at all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Works like a charm here :tu:

Though I uninstalled V2 and manually deleted the folder from appdata first. But works like a charm.

Great job on making already awesome tool even better :tu:

Just to clarify: There is no way to run v2 and v3 side by side?

Doesn't seem to be.

Bad news for anyone who needs to get work done with TX16wx, but I guess I'll just have to check back when the bugs are ironed out.

I cannot download the new version.
since this morning I REceive a wrong address message :cry: :cry: :cry:

same problem occurs for all download items

elcallio wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:43 am This means you have some version 2 skin still installed and it is set as default skin.

Make sure you did a clean uninstall of TX16Wx v2, and wipe out any remaining skin files in the install dir and AppData folder.

I would also suggest deleting settings.ini from <AppData>\Local\TX16Wx to reset skin parameters.

Old skin files for version 2 will not work with TXv3. I will try to make it a little more resilient.
That worked! Thanks, all is good now here :D

I would suggest setting up the installer to de-install v2 prior to installation? I just ran the installer, didn't know to uninstall v2 first.

Many thanks, now I've got some exploring to do :D

regards, Frank

PS: I'm willing to be one of your beta testers if you need any more.
Vocal MC for 21 years straight // http://mc-ub.free-frank.net

Mc UB wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:05 am
elcallio wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:43 am This means you have some version 2 skin still installed and it is set as default skin.

That worked! Thanks, all is good now here :D

I would suggest setting up the installer to de-install v2 prior to installation? I just ran the installer, didn't know to uninstall v2 first.

Many thanks, now I've got some exploring to do :D

regards, Frank

PS: I'm willing to be one of your beta testers if you need any more.
The two product lines share the same upgrade ID on windows, so the installer should uninstall all old TXv2 files added by the v2 installer, however if you have installed skins manually or modified the content on disk somehow, it will not know about this.

And of course, on OSX there is no such thing as uninstall. Which is fri***n great.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

One suggestion for the installer: can you make it so that it remembers the last used path for VST2 plugin from previous update install? For instance, I always put it in my VST folder, but CWITEC subfolder. So I have to do this every time an update arrives (and they arrive pretty fast! ;)).

Same for VST3 plugin path.

Thanks!

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:01 pm One suggestion for the installer: can you make it so that it remembers the last used path for VST2 plugin from previous update install? For instance, I always put it in my VST folder, but CWITEC subfolder. So I have to do this every time an update arrives (and they arrive pretty fast! ;)).

Same for VST3 plugin path.

Thanks!
It should already do that. But maybe those keys are wiped out by the pre-uninstall. Will check.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Yeah it never did that for me, even in v2 times. :( But at least it's good to know that it was supposed to do that! :)

elcallio wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:17 am The two product lines share the same upgrade ID on windows, so the installer should uninstall all old TXv2 files added by the v2 installer, however if you have installed skins manually or modified the content on disk somehow, it will not know about this.

And of course, on OSX there is no such thing as uninstall. Which is fri***n great.
I have never touched the folder or created/used skins, so that wouldn't be it. I have only ever used in in default installation, except for the location of the vst2 plugin (same request as above: remembering this path would be helpful).

Following the notifications during installation, the installer also never reports 'removing old files' as I regularly see in other installers. Perhaps it doesn't? Is there a way to save those notifications?

regards, Frank
Vocal MC for 21 years straight // http://mc-ub.free-frank.net

Return to “CWITEC”