32bit installer removes 64bit version (and vice-versa?)

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Calle,

I've noticed something the last few times I installed TX16Wx. At first I wasn't sure if I was just dementia setting in but this time I remembered to check before installing the latest version.

Prior to launching the 3.5.0e 32bit installer, I had both the 32 and 64 bit versions of 3.5.0d VST2 present in separate folders. When the installer finished, the 64bit version was gone (the whole folder, not just the dll, although there's nothing in the folder except the dll).

The 32bit goes in "E:\Sound\VST\CWi" and the 64bit goes in "E:\Sound\VST64\CWi". After running the 32bit installer, "E:\Sound\VST64\CWi" was gone.

Is this intended behaviour? I guess the installer just removes the old vesion but could you perhaps prompt whether to do so, or have it only remove files with the same architecture? The current behaviour can lead to unintentional bridging in the host if it goes unnoticed. Also, if you ever drop 32bit support I'll still want to keep it installed, so having it trashed every time I update would be less than ideal.

Cheers.

Oh, sorry I didn't say. I'm on Windows 10.

It is not exactly intended behaviour, but more of a legacy drag-along due to how VST path is resolved in registry (non-TX specific). Did not think about it before now. Can maybe fix it.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Return to “CWITEC”