Acoustica - Feature Request - Spectrogram Functions

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Really pleased that you have released an Acoustica version for Apple Silicon chips! I have been using RX Editor up to now but would prefer to switch fully to Acoustica.

There are a few things with your Spectrogram editing workflow that I struggle with though:

1. Is it possible to have the option to show the Waveplot and Spectogram editor windows at the same time? Like how they stack together in Adobe Audition?

2. Is it possible to have the retouch tool (Command+T) in the Spectrogram editor remain enabled all the time, so when you switch to Waveplot and back again, you don't have to enable it again?

3. In an ideal world, I'd love to be able to switch to the Spectrogram editor, select an area, then use one keyboard shortcut to apply the current retouch settings, rather than pressing Command+T, select the area, then clicking on the grey arrow box to confirm.

I look forward to any thoughts!

Many Thanks
Mark

Hi Mark,
MarkStephenson wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:33 pm Really pleased that you have released an Acoustica version for Apple Silicon chips! I have been using RX Editor up to now but would prefer to switch fully to Acoustica.
Thanks, glad to hear that!
MarkStephenson wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:33 pm1. Is it possible to have the option to show the Waveplot and Spectogram editor windows at the same time? Like how they stack together in Adobe Audition?
I'm afraid that's not possible, but I've added the feature request to our task tracking system.
MarkStephenson wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:33 pm2. Is it possible to have the retouch tool (Command+T) in the Spectrogram editor remain enabled all the time, so when you switch to Waveplot and back again, you don't have to enable it again?
At the time being unfortunately not, but that is an easy thing to fix. I think we should be able to get that into the next build.
MarkStephenson wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:33 pm3. In an ideal world, I'd love to be able to switch to the Spectrogram editor, select an area, then use one keyboard shortcut to apply the current retouch settings, rather than pressing Command+T, select the area, then clicking on the grey arrow box to confirm.
Unfortunately, we have to be careful due to a US patent covering spectral editor user interfaces that's being actively litigated by a competitor. So until the patent expires in early 2023, we'll probably have to stick with the current UI, which also gives better flexibility since you can choose reference points by holding down Ctrl while moving the mouse.

Best,
Stian

FYI, point 2) was added in Acoustica 7.3.10 that was released today.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”