T3 Unlock Guide

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Guys,
got a little tired of processing the daily requests for unlocks so instead here's a guide on how to do it yourself, replete with the download links and everything else you need to know:
http://www.xpfree.org/tracktion3_unlock_guide.htm

A kindly mod actually suggested this earlier, so better late than never-
Happy Tracktioneering-
M@

[UPDATE: Neither myself nor the kindly mod browse this section of kvr anymore, so if you have any questions, PM me directly]
Last edited by metamorphosis on Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for this. I'll probably go ahead and download for future use.
Kinda sad we have to use a cracker's key generator to use our legitimately purchased software. Not blaming TSC, this is all on Mackie. One last giant middle finger to Tracktion users.

Edit:double post
Last edited by bk on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

I wonder if we collected unlock thingies with machine IDs for T2 whether we'd be able to crack the code for those.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

thanks for sharing :)

Jules, Woody, I've stickied this thread since IMV it serves a need, and the forum will just fill up with people asking how to do it anyway. If I'm out of line on this, apologies in advance.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

tried this. the key file did unlock T3 BUT once I close the program and try to restart it still shows as unregistered upon restart. not that it seems terribly stable when unregistered on the W7 lappie i installed it on, so no big loss.

That's not something I've encountered before, and sounds like a problem with your installation (not retaining settings).
You will need to probably run tracktion as Administrator if you're running Windows 7, as the unlocking aspect probably writes to the registry, or some obscure file somewhere.
If you could try that (unlocking while running as Admin) and get back to us that'd be great.

thanks, i hadn't tried that. i will give it a go tonight after work and report back.

ok, i was logged in as admin when i tried it. tried it again, no go...
going to try the T4 demo as i have been unable to get anything out of T3 even though Reaper demo seems to work. it doesn't appear T3 would run very stable on this machine anyway :shrug:

You could also try right-clicking the t3 shortcut/program and running in compatibility mode for xp sp3-
don't know if that would help.

will try it, thanks. I don't use T3 anymore, never really did and I won't be upgrading to T4 since I've still on OSX 10.6, so I am installing T3 on my friend/bandmate's i3 Acer laptop so hopefully he can get some use out of it. Really hoping I can get T3 running for him so he doesn't have to buy anything else but I'm thinking we'll probably have to plunk down $30 for the T4 upgrade to get him going...

will report back later, thanks again :)

Any luck Debra1rlo?

To be logged as an Administrator sometime it's not enough. You need to right click the application, or shortcut, and then choose Run as Administrator.
Windows BS :shrug: :hihi:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

That's actually what I suggested Liquid, and it didn't work for debra.
Not that I actually think that what you're saying is true however, as 'Administrator' is a privileges level, as well as a formal login - but the 'Administrator' login has administrative privileges. So it doesn't matter either way.

Return to “Tracktion”