cant get waveform to recognise my midi controller [Solved]

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

in control surfaces there is nothing.the option to run audio engine when stopped is ticked. this happened when i updated to the newest version of waveform.under midi devices it shows the output being the axiom, and the enabled input is set to axiom port 1. i also tried enabling to port 2. but, nothing.

any more ideas? i've tried everything, but no luck....

I'm afraid not. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be showing up if it's enabled and not in use by a control surface.
We've got a new beta coming out hopefully later today so perhaps try that?

thanks dave, i'll try again with the new beta version.

okay, downloaded the newest beta and still no love. since i'm now on a mac i decided to download t7 and surprise! work like a charm! any suggestions? i want to use waveform.

Can I just clarify the issue here as looking back through the thread it seems we may be talking at cross purposes.
Can you see your Axiom in the input device list in the Edit? (I.e. click on the input shape, does it appear in the list?)
Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 14.44.27.png
If so, when you select it, can you show us the properties? I.e.
Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 14.45.41.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

will do as soon as i get home. but, yes it does show up like your example.

it looks exactly like your screenshot.

carly1957 wrote:it looks exactly like your screenshot.
You mean it looks like both of my screenshots?
If the MIDI input appears in the devices menu, what exactly is the problem then? What happens if you select it? Does it appear as a device that you can monitor and play sound from? Can you record arm it?

i can arm the track, let' say with bio tek everything looks fine, but when i hit a note, there is nothing coming out. no sound at all.when i try to record something, there is no midi info at all.

Can you double check the "Record to note automation" property is off?
This sounds like a duplicate of this: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=483503 (read the last 4 posts).

i'll check when i get off work. thank you!

record to note automation was off.

Hmm, can you send a screenshot of what your properties look like (similar to mine above). If other MIDI devices work ok, it's got to be some kind of setting, perhaps the channel is set to something other than "None" or you're filtering out channel 1 with the "MIDI Filter" setting?

One thing to note is that BioTek and Collective will only respond to MIDI on channel 1 so if your keyboard is sending MIDI on another channel or you've modified the channel in some way with the MIDI input settings, you may not hear any sound.
You could test this using a MIDI monitor plugin? [Such as midiMonitor: http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?pl ... or&id=1432]

The last thing I can think of suggesting is to simply delete your Waveform settings files and let it re-build the defaults. This should at least make sure the default settings are being used.
To do this close Waveform then, in Finder go to "~/Library/Application Support/Tracktion/Waveform/". Find the two files below and rename them (e.g. append "_old" to their name.
"Tracktion.settings"
"CurrentUserSettings.trksettings"

Open Waveform and a sew set of default settings will be created.
(If you want to revert your settings, close Waveform, remove the newly created files and remove the "_old" from the files you modified).

dave, i have no idea how to post screenshots on a forum. can i not delete waveform, then re download it?
everything on my screenshot is exactly like yours. in t7 it works fine, and i had never had it on this mac. reaper works fine. i have no other controller, other than my one m audio axiom 49. on the settings page under midi devices my axiom is set both to output and input to port 1.
in the bottom of the sequencer alias says usb axiom port 1. record to note automation is off. on the right side set all incoming notes velocities to full is off allow midi controller remapping is on and enable input monitoring is on.

Return to “Tracktion”