Plugin multiple outs in Tracktion 6

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I work with the BFD3 drums software.

It has multiple outs, but I don't know how to to map those outs to seperate daw tracks in Tracktion 6.

Anyone know how? I would really appreciate the help! :D

Musicality.

Hm. I would like to know the answer to this too, for Waveform 9.

You have to use a rack, put the plugin in a rack where you'll see all the available outputs.
Then route them to whatever tracks you want by adding another output to the rack.
This is pretty basic Tracktion stuff, there should be tutorials available. Pretty simple really.

Ah, thanks for explaining. I've avoided the rack so far. Looks like I better spend some time learning how to use it!

No worries, the racks are one of the best things about this DAW imho.
There are some presets in there for Kontakt and whatnot IIRC, maybe have
a look at them. I will try to answer if you cant figure something out.

-Cheers

Waveform 9 New Features - Multi Output Workflow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwZd_XlQ-Dk
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Sending Outputs to Tracks: Kontakt & DrumMic'a! [Tracktion]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA_O24V ... LLFldlmnnn

Racks 101:

Getting Started: Plugin Racks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyZ9mw8 ... LLFldlmnnn

I've seen this neat workflow that zzz00m posted before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwZd_XlQ-Dk

But as I'm not using MT Powerdrumkit (can't load it in Linux), I want to use the drums in Collective, or maybe sounds I choose to put in the Multi Sampler, but I cannot found some mixer output to send it to separate tracks.

Anyone knows how to do this with multi sampler??
Get In Touch^^ Instagram, BandCamp, SoundCloud, Spotify, iTunes,....

bulevardi wrote:
But as I'm not using MT Powerdrumkit (can't load it in Linux), I want to use the drums in Collective, or maybe sounds I choose to put in the Multi Sampler, but I cannot found some mixer output to send it to separate tracks.

Anyone knows how to do this with multi sampler??
Well, first you will need to use an instrument that has multi-outputs. Many do not.

Collective only has a stereo out, which can be used as two mono outs, but that's it.

It looks like Multi Sampler has 32 outputs, but I haven't tried that with multis yet. Try dropping Multi Sampler on a track, then right click on the plugin select 'Wrap this plugin in a new rack plugin".

Take a look at the rack and see what you can do. First you need to determine how many tracks you want to work with, and add those tracks to Waveform. Then drag/copy your plugin wrapper to all your tracks, so that the additional tracks you want to output to will appear in the plugin wrapper.

Then in the Multi Sampler wrapper you will need to "Clear Wiring > Clear all output wiring", and then "Connect Wires > Connect all outputs sequentially.

The Multi Sampler page "Zones" has a selector for each sample at the top of the page where you can choose from any of the 16 stereo outs. The sampler does not seem to have any sort of mixer, but you can use the Waveform mixer once you have the audio going out to separate tracks.

zzz00m wrote: The Multi Sampler page "Zones" has a selector for each sample at the top of the page where you can choose from any of the 16 stereo outs. The sampler does not seem to have any sort of mixer, but you can use the Waveform mixer once you have the audio going out to separate tracks.
Alright!
It's the last part I was missing, the selector to choose the outs.
Tried it quickly and it works perfectly as I want. ^^

Will experiment more with that next week when I have time, to see if I can manage it well in a midi clip (i prefer midi instead of the step clips).
If so, this would be so versatile and creative !

Thanks !!

Thanks for asking the question! I hadn't realized that Multi Sampler had those optional multi outputs until I started looking into it.

That could make Multi Sampler a lot more useful. :tu:

zzz00m wrote:Thanks for asking the question! I hadn't realized that Multi Sampler had those optional multi outputs until I started looking into it.

That could make Multi Sampler a lot more useful. :tu:
Indeed, it's very useful if you want to make a solid drum (or other sound) setup.

> in only one midi track, you can easily edit where the sound need to start/end (more flexible than the step clips).
> all sounds in separate tracks, so you can quickly adjust the volume/panning per sound.
> everything together in one submix bus where you can manage set your effects globally.

It takes a little time to setup everything first, but you can make a lot of changes to your sound later on very flexible.
+ Save the submix track as a preset, so you can just load the whole setup in a new project at once.

Anything else I forgot to make this setup better? Feedback is always welcome !

Thanks for the follow-up! Good info! :tu:

Return to “Tracktion”