Change BPM of imported mp3

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have imported an mp3 and its BPM does not line up. Is there a way to stretch or comprress an imported mp3 so that it will line up with a selected BPM and timeline?
thanks
chuck

Ok, I answered my own question.
First I determined the BPM of the MP3 that I had. I googled for online calculators and found one. I pointed it at my MP3 file and it calculated the BPM...113 in my case.
Then I brought up Audacity and opened the MP3. Under Effects/Tempo you can change the BPM. Enter the current BPM and then the desired BPM (110 in my case). It makes the conversion. Then Export the file....and done you are

You should be able to do what you're trying to do in Tracktion/Waveform, without fiddling with it in Audacity.

If you've imported an mp3, and it's on a track in your edit, click to select it, and look at the properties panel at the bottom. There should be a tab called "Loop properties". Click on that tab, and turn the "Auto Tempo" button on. Waveform will analyse the audio file, and try to work out it's native tempo. If the mp3 is something like a drum loop, with clear transients, that would loop cleanly, it will probably get that right, and adjust it to fit the tempo of your edit. Often that's all you need to do.

If it gets the root tempo wrong, you can play with the settings on that tab, till it's right.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Return to “Tracktion”