New to Synth Plugins

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would love to post a screenshot, but I can't figure out how to do that either! Not a good day for problem solving.

I am using free Minimoog plugin from Pluginboutique, though I have tried several others with the same result.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... nimogue-VA

Thanks again to everyone trying to help
Sworkshop

"The tide of amateurism cannot but recede, until there will be left only the mechanical device and the professional executant." - John Philip Sousa, 1906

sworkshop wrote:I would love to post a screenshot, but I can't figure out how to do that either! Not a good day for problem solving.

I am using free Minimoog plugin from Pluginboutique, though I have tried several others with the same result.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... nimogue-VA

Thanks again to everyone trying to help
To post an image here you will need to use a free image hosting service such as Imgur.com which will provide you with a direct image url link that you can post here. The button at the top of the KVR message reply/edit window that says "Img" will give you the tags to insert the image link into, using the format that this board can display.

The Minimogue-VA is a 32-bit only plugin, so that implies that you are using a 32-bit version of Tracktion. Also we can conclude you are running Windows due to the GS wavetable. So that leaves it at some version of Tracktion, or Waveform 8, running on some version of Windows, because Waveform 9 is 64-bit only.

Everybody has to begin somewhere. We all started at the beginning at some point, but your lack of sharing software version details, as well as no screen shots, really impairs our ability to provide effective assistance with this type of issue.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I'm struggling to even understand what you're doing when you say this ;
Yes, I see the Keystation as an input in the Midi panel. I can finally get a sound out of if I select GS Wavetable as the output (seems funny...is this right?)
There's nothing in the Midi settings, or the input settings, to select an output, so I don't know how you're choosing GS Wavetable - are you selecting it as the output for a track?

If so, stop doing that. Do not use GS Wavetable as the track output.
Leave the track outputs at Default Audio output.

Really all you need to do is this;

1) Open a new project. Open a new edit
2) Add Keystation as a midi input on track 1. Click the red dot to arm the input. Make sure Enable Input Monitoring is selected on the input.
3) Add any vst synth on track 1, to the left of the volume / pan bit on the right hand side of the track
4) That's it
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

It should look like this ;

http://prntscr.com/kjtu5n
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

chico.co.uk wrote:It should look like this ;

http://prntscr.com/kjtu5n
Right, so click on the Input (where Chico's says "test") and change that to your Keystation...

...and change the plugin output (where Chico's says "RM IV") to your vst instrument of choice, and you should be good to go with his directions.
Last edited by Watchful on Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Yes, my screen looks like that. Good news with everyones help I may now be in good shape.

I am finally getting the results I expected, I can get a sound, I can record it.

I am very impressed that this community has been so patient and helpful on this matter.

I am a longtime (since T2) user but I hadn't touch a synthesizer, let alone a virtual instrument, since about 1985 when I went all acoustic! It's good to know I am solidly in the past again :-)
Sworkshop

"The tide of amateurism cannot but recede, until there will be left only the mechanical device and the professional executant." - John Philip Sousa, 1906

Great news! Glad you're making progress and are getting expected results. Yes, the Tracktion community is very oriented to helping each other, from what I've seen over my short time with the products and the company. I hope you'll continue to explore virtual studio technology, because it does an incredible amount, and you can complete fully professional projects with even freeware products with it. Please stick around, check in, and let us know how you're doing with your new gear.

sworkshop wrote:Yes, my screen looks like that. Good news with everyones help I may now be in good shape.

I am finally getting the results I expected, I can get a sound, I can record it.
Awesome! You're over the hump now! Sometimes the first part of the learning curve is the steepest.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Yes, zzz00m is right; believe it or not, that's the hardest part of using any DAW: getting it to play the sound you want and recording it. Once you can do that, everything else is just having fun and experimenting.

Return to “Tracktion”