Waveform9 - Can't export midi content

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I found some reference to export midi procedure on this forum, though it was about Tracktion versions.
Settings looked like they were still the same. So, I've been trying. (Shown in pic below)
It acts like it's doing something but the destination folder is empty.
2018-12-02_WF9_MidiExportFail.png
Also :o it always plays the last track (solo MDrummer) when it is 'done'. Well not the actual content just some single note over and over. Don't see a way to stop the sound - have to press play then stop - stops all.
I would ignore that oddity if I actually got my exported midi files! :borg:

(Have tried single track(s), include/exclude submix, turning off the 'selected' only switch, and don't recall what all. Never got any file... :help: )

EDIT- Later: Found there is a log file. Nothing in it about export attempt or result though...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Untick "Pass through plugins", assuming the plugins don't create midi themselves.
If you leave it ticked, the plugins "eat" the midi, by using it, to make sound.

The only scenario where you would get midi exported, with that selected, would be if the plugin was something like a midi arpegiator, where you feed it a C note, and it plays an arp of C-E-G, or whatever, and it's that midi output that you want to export.

Imagine the export you get is what's at the far right of the track. If the midi doesn't actually get there, because a plugin on the track turned it into audio, there's no midi to export, on the far right.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

I had tried that, but unsure of what else at the same time.
Back at it shortly...
:clown: See why you didn't know that! Didn't submit my last comment before crashing last nite :lol:

Thanks for the help. :tu: That is essential.

What sent me off in a whirl last night was...
I want individual tracks for the seven in the edit. I only get the MDrummer(not part of submix) if I don't selected the 'Submix' track. If I DO selected the submix track, I don't get individual files. :dog:

Trying to remove the submix umbrella deletes the tracks within! :?
:!: :idea: Just grab a track and drag it out out of the submix.

:arrow: Back to export individuals...
Okay for tracks to be in Folder. Select all and get desired result! :party:

Return to “Tracktion”