Volume Automation Problem

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, recently upgraded to Waveform 10. I'm having a simple problem, but I don't know what's wrong. In a project I am working on, I have a rack with three tracks sending MIDI to Kontakt, and a 4th track in which I am testing some ideas in Tremor. I inserted the 4th track, am sending MIDI to Tremor, and get audio. However, when I insert an automation track for the volume and panning plugin and use "volume," (the standard track volume) the automation doesn't follow the automation track. I can manually raise and lower volume in the volume and pan plugin, but it doesn't follow the level and curve in the automation track. I have, as a test, tried various plugin options as well, such as dry level and wet level, but these don't work either. This should be very simple, but I have spent a long time on it already. Any ideas on what to look for?
Steve Mueske

Is the green automation button beneath "BPM" in the controls area switched on?
i9-10980HK. Windows 10 (21H2). Komplete Audio 6. Studio One 5.4.1.

Thank you for your kind reply. Yes, the green automation button was lit. I deselected it, deleted the automation envelope, reselected and recreated the envelope and now the volume is working. I added a reverb following the volume and panning plugin and three or four variables on the plugin were misbehaving. I deselected the automation and the reverb worked normally. I think there is something wonky with the automation system. I'm going to abandon that project and do it in another DAW for now.

Thanks for your time.
Steve Mueske

Return to “Tracktion”