Waveform 11 problems with audio input!!!

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can anyone tell me how to loopback a audio interface because waveform doesn't detect my audio input. I'm on mac running mojave, and steinberg mk2 Interface. I'm trying to record vocals, but when I select input 1, there's no audio.

First, make sure that you have enabled microphone access for Waveform (this is required even for pro audio interfaces starting with Mojave): https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209175

Assuming that is enabled, check the following within Waveform itself:
  • On the Settings tab, select Audio Devices on the left, and verify:
    • Input is set to the audio interface you are recording from
    • The input channel that the microphone is connected to is set to "Enabled" in the box to the right
    • Default Input Follows Selected Track is unchecked below that list
  • Next, within the edit you are recording into, create a track to hold the recorded audio (if you haven't already), and select the desired input using the pointy rectangle thing underneath the track name (if it is not visible you may need to show it using the eyeball button in the upper-right corner of the interface):
    vis.png
    sel1.png
  • Click the record enable button that appears to the right edge of that input selector:
    sel2.png
  • If you still are not getting any signal, check to ensure the gain control on the interface has been set correctly, cables connected properly, and so on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Tracktion”