Upgrade to 11

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

About to upgrade to 11 as there is a sale on (at least there was a sale on, hoping I haven't missed it!)

But not clear on which version to go for. I have what is now called 'standard' with BioTek, Collective, Essentials etc but I’m not convinced I have to pick 'Standard' as the upgrade option?

Can any of the traction guys confirm that as a current Standard user, I just have to pick the ‘Basic’ upgrade to upgrade the DAW from 10 to 11?

https://www.tracktion.com/products/waveform-pro-upgrade

You can pick the basic version, as you have already paid for the extras.

Thanks - Done! Lets go see whats new....

On a related note, are there three "pro" versions of Waveform 11 to choose from, or are they all the same DAW but "Standard" and "Extreme" includes extra software plugins that "Basic" doesn't (but can be purchased later ..probably for a higher price)?

Along with a Mackie product I bought I also received a Traction license which I've redeemed -does anyone know if I'm eligible for an upgrade or do I have to buy a full Waveform 11 license?
Maybe there's a way to check so I won't end up with an upgrade I can't use.

The closest I could get to an answer was by going to Tracktion's Training-Support page where it says here:
I Own A License For An Older Version Of Tracktion From Back In The Day? Can I Upgrade?

Tracktion Web Team
2 years ago - Updated

Yes, you can upgrade your old version and qualify for upgrade pricing of the latest version (Waveform). Upgrade pricing is currently offered to paid licenses only, as opposed to past free versions.

Click here and click the "Buy Now" button. Choose your desired upgrade option.
Apart from the obvious free version of Traction/Waveform, I don't know if my "OEM" version counts as free or purchased....

dynamo wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:54 pm are they all the same DAW but "Standard" and "Extreme" includes extra software plugins that "Basic" doesn't
Correct. All three give you the same DAW features but the standard and extreme come bundled with extra plugins. When you upgrade the DAW, you only need the basic upgrade unless you previously opted to not purchase those extra plugins and would like to take advantage of the opportunity to buy them together with the upgrade; you can also purchase them separately.

Thanks for clarifying.
I'll probably go for the "Basic" Pro version then, having been told in that other thread that the "DAW essentials" package really isn't that great. I did like the consistent user-interface appearance of the various plugins though. Having multitudes of different looking plugins does distract more IMHO.
But for US$ 159 I see there are lots of other plugin suites/bundles available.

Return to “Tracktion”