Waveform 11.2.18 is available as beta

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We haven't done a public beta since early December. Took a few weeks off for Christmas, but there's been lots of bug fixes since then.

Code: Select all

11.2.18:
- Engine:           [Experimental] Removed the processing algorithm option. This will now always use the "Hybrid" algorithm
- Sandbox:          Removed the experimental parameters option, this will always be used now
- UI:               Improved creating clips into a marked region
- UI:               Moved mouse settings from options menu to Settings > General > Mouse
- MIDI:             Fixed note timing in arp, note repeater, chord companion
- MIDI:             Fixed note reapter cutting off notes with swing
- MIDI:             MIDI Typing keys can now be configured
- Automation:       Added Rack plugin parameters to new automation track menu items
- Automation:       Added submix parameters to new automation track menu items
- Automation:       Fixed an issue where points laying at the same time could get removed when shift + ctrl/cmd dragging

11.2.17:
- UI:               Fixed a crash opening the new tab menu on Windows
- Mixer:            Added selection of volume/pan plugins to control multiple faders

11.2.16:
- Engine:           [Experimental] Removed the experimental graph option from the "Advanced" settings page". Use the experimental engine for PDC correct Rack processing
- UI:               Clicking track background now only deselects clips
- Bugs:             Fixed reversing sections of a file setting the wrong offset
- UI:               Added option to allow paste at edit cursor
- UI:               Custom menu now appears at top level, rather than in a submenu
- Clipboard:        Fixed a problem copy/pasting Racks between Edits
- Arranger:         Fixed an issue where duplicate time sigs and keys could be added
- Engine:           [Experimental] Fixed the position of recording thumbnails when using the experimental engine
- Engine:           [Experimental] Fixed MIDI notes being played if they started on the end of the looped region
- UI:               Ensured popup menus are dismissed when windows are closed or moved
- Mixer:            You can now adjust multiple track volume/pans at once by selecting multiple tracks

11.2.15:
- Arranger:         Fixed a problem copy/pasting ranges with pitch, time sig and tempo changes in them
- Engine:           [Experimental] Ensured muted tracks still send via auxes
- Bugs:             Fixed right click to create clips not following 'Make new clips the length of the marked region' option
- Bugs:             Fixed hide and show of sandboxed plugin windows
- MIDI:             Fixed start/end time properties of MIDI notes in a clip that has offset applied and then looped
- Drum Sampler:     Fixed clearing of pads
- UI:               Moved Step clip common groove features to clip scope
- UI:               Stopped clicking on background from deselecting objects

11.2.14:
- UI:               Added Welcome tab
- Engine:           [Experimental] Fixed a crash previewing some Racks
- Editing:          Ensured all clips on tracks, even if no content has been removed move up during a ripple delete operation
- UI:               Fixed timebar ticks following user selected snap interval instead of being based on zoom
- UI:               Added 'insert MIDI clip' and 'insert Step clip' to range selection context menu
- Arranger:         Fixed copying of automation
- UI:               Fixed stationary cursor not working while recording
- UI:               Fixed loading 11.1.0 and earlier edits with Master Mix
- UI:               Removed option to add anti denormalization noise. Not required for CPUs never than Pentium 4.
- UI:               Fixed clicking on background of MIDI clip to ste cursor position
- Bugs:             Fixed converting MIDI clips with offset / loop into step clips

11.2.13:
- Engine:           [Experimental] Fixed audible glitched when using automation or modifiers and a buffer size greater than 128 at 44.1KHz
- Modifiers:        Fixed an issue where a Modifier would always load in a disabled state

11.2.12:
- UI:               Disabled track background colours (this can be re-enabled from the Appearance page)
- UI:               Fixed labels on MIDI keyboard to follow middle C setting
- Engine:           [Experimental] Fixed a crash using track input devices
- Loading:          Fixed a problem loading Edits that have been corrupted

11.2.11:
- UI:               Set minimum size of marked regions to 4 pixels
- Engine:           [Experimental] Fixed a crash assigning track inputs
- Engine:           [Experimental] Improved performance of processing complex Racks

11.2.10:
- Sandbox:          Fixed a crash loading plugins with the "experimental parameters" setting enabled if they had no parameters
- Sandbox:          Enabled rendering Edit previews when the sandbox is enabled
- Plugins:          Avoided downloading the pluginval validator for every validation on macOS
- Engine:           [Experimental] Fixed an issue where changing the bus number of an Aux Send or Return wouldn't take immediate effect
- Rendering:        Ensured rendering mono clip collections creates a mono file (render clips, heal & consolidate)
- Sandbox:          Fixed an issue re-loading crashed plugins when more than one Edit is open
- Engine:           [Experimental] Fixed an issue where a MIDI note ending on the loop-out point wouldn't be played

11.2.9:
- Bugs:             Fixed track renders appearing in wrong spot if 'only marked region' set and no marked region
- UI:               Fixed step clip channel selector position if step clip moves offscreen

11.2.8:
- Engine:           [Experimental] Fixed an issue rendering audio clips that are still generating content
- Engine:           [Experimental] Internal optimisations
- UI:               Fixed changing option 'Make new clips the length of the marked region'
- UI:               Fixed not being able to type the digit 8 into pan automatable parameter
- UI:               Fixed automation points not following the snap setting
- UI:               Fixed MIDI selection handles from falling off of the screen

11.2.7:
- UI:               Added option: Drag to draw marked region
- UI:               Added enhanced marked region actions

11.2.6:
- UI:               Fixed missing display scale setting
- UI:               Fixed deleting presets in Micro Drum Sampler
- UI:               Multiple browser panels now remember multiple last folder locations
- Bugs:             Fixed drag to render clip passing through master plugin, even with pass through plugins disabled
- Bugs:             Fixed drag to render adding tempo acid data when clip not an even number of beats in length
- UI:               Added shortcut key for clearing peaks
- UI:               Fixed 'return to start on stop' after recording
- MIDI:             Fixed MIDI editor with step clips with offset applied

11.2.5:
- Translations:     Fixed an issue checking for translation updates
- Tracks:           Avoided group freezing tracks inside submixes
- Racks:            Ensured disabling a plugin inside a Rack disables that plugin and not the Rack
- MIDI:             Ensured recording clip isn't shown before punch in time
- UI:               Allow plugins to be right clicked without opening plugin UI
- Engine:           [Experimental] Ensured looping playback starts from the beginning of the files
- Step clip:        Fixed velocity when converting from MIDI clip
- Modifiers:        Added right click menu items to remove existing assignments
- Browser:          Ensured the play button reappears when browser playback is stopped
- Engine:           [Experimental] Fixed repeated glitching when a file is dragged from the browser
- Bugs:             Fixed factory presets not being extracted
- Micro Drum:       Added metronome preset
- Arp:              Fixed swing not affecting note off, causing notes to overlap
- Note repeater:    Fixed setting empty pattern breaking note repeater

"You can now adjust multiple track volume/pans at once by selecting multiple tracks"

Does this mean if you select multiple tracks and move one volume they all move? In that case how does it choose which volume/pan to move if there are multiple instances per track, last one? Great update!

Cursor action in general is different, no? It's a big game changer for me.

One of my favorite things about tracktion/waveform is that I can click->drag anywhere on the edit and the cursor sticks to the mouse pointer. This is ultimate visual control for editing, to me (I don't use the edit cursor for various reasons). I don't seem to be able to do that with these last two versions, can you have a "classic cursor" mode for us long-time users, where click dragging locates the main cursor again and range selector is like a CTRL-click hotkey?

Kang wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:08 am Cursor action in general is different, no? It's a big game changer for me.

One of my favorite things about tracktion/waveform is that I can click->drag anywhere on the edit and the cursor sticks to the mouse pointer. This is ultimate visual control for editing, to me (I don't use the edit cursor for various reasons). I don't seem to be able to do that with these last two versions, can you have a "classic cursor" mode for us long-time users, where click dragging locates the main cursor again and range selector is like a CTRL-click hotkey?
You can go back to the old way of relocating cursor on click, it's under settings->general->Clicking background locatates cursor. Not sure about dragging it, but you could do that by dragging the cursor on the timeline to get it to work similar to previous.

I now tend to use middle click to relocate the cursor in this new version

boomt wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:35 am
Kang wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:08 am Cursor action in general is different, no? It's a big game changer for me.

You can go back to the old way, it's under settings->general->Clicking background locatates cursor.

[url=<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://ibb.co/m0H8qgW</span>]Image[/url]

I now tend to use middle click to relocate the cursor in this new version
Well I just left my studio computer, but I don't think the play cursor drags with the mouse cursor with that setting either. I can locate the cursor fine I just can't drag it into place anymore (from anywhere on the edit screen, not just background). Probably wasn't too clear on that but it's hard to explain since everything is a cursor. Hopefully you are correct though.

I've noticed some annoying bug with the new main menu when in collapsed mode. When you click to open it and move the cursor upwards quickly it disappears after it goes over a few items. I've had this a few times when working with waveform and don't exactly understand why it does it but I have a video to demonstrate it which I hope helps.

https://youtu.be/kpHrMzzH6sI

I don't know if there's something I missed in my setup, or it is a bug. But, whenever I'm using the experimental engine, the click output always routed to output 1-2 and master meter only respond if I'm using output 1+2 as default output, I'm using output 3-4 as my default output (no problem with the audio, just the meter that only responding to output 1-2).

This behaviour already present from the earlier beta version, is anybody experiencing this issue when using the experimental engine?

Oh, and it would be nice if we could scroll the plugin item in the mixer view/panel.

Hi @figbug,
Would it be possible to add, import audio or midi file, to the right click on track dropdown menu.
And if possible, adding clip gain to this function ,
*See photo.
Both these I think would improve workflow and save a few clicks.
Many thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

If you want extra commands on the right click menu you can do it yourself. Go to keyboard shortcuts, find the thing you want and drag it to the custom menu. Then it'll be on the right click for tracks and clips. (you can't do that for gain since it's not a single action)

FigBug wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:52 pm If you want extra commands on the right click menu you can do it yourself. Go to keyboard shortcuts, find the thing you want and drag it to the custom menu. Then it'll be on the right click for tracks and clips. (you can't do that for gain since it's not a single action)
I've tried to create some for piano roll roll tools but when I select them they don't change current tool in the piano roll. Not sure if it is a bug?

These are the macros I've created and accessing from the context menu in the piano roll.

It's still the same issue with the Waves Plugins. Ui scrambled and unusable. What's wrong. In 11.1.0 it works fine. Sorry, but it's annoying, to go back to 11.1.0 over and over again :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don’t speak English, but this very well :D

When I try to duplicate a clip using the duplicate shortcut, it says that a suitable location cannot be found. Control dragging to copy a clip still works.

This is a small thing, but when I select an edit and hit enter the edit doesn't open. It pops up the "Share an archive of this edit" menu item. I would rather opening the edit be the default action here to save me some clicks.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

boomt wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:17 pm
FigBug wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:52 pm If you want extra commands on the right click menu you can do it yourself. Go to keyboard shortcuts, find the thing you want and drag it to the custom menu. Then it'll be on the right click for tracks and clips. (you can't do that for gain since it's not a single action)
I've tried to create some for piano roll roll tools but when I select them they don't change current tool in the piano roll. Not sure if it is a bug?

These are the macros I've created and accessing from the context menu in the piano roll.
These actually take 3 parameters, because they do something different on key down and key up. If you hold the shortcut key, it switches to the new tool and then on release, switches back to original tool. If you just do a quick press, then it just changes.

Try:
  • Code: Select all

Tracktion.midiTool ('eraser', true, 0);

spoontechnique wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:35 pm When I try to duplicate a clip using the duplicate shortcut, it says that a suitable location cannot be found. Control dragging to copy a clip still works.
Do you have 'paste at edit cursor' enabled? If so it's a bug. (If not, it's also a bug, but I can't reproduce it)

Return to “Tracktion”