11.5 is up

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

+1 for CTRL-a selects all notes in the Piano_Roll if it has focus , even tho we haven't selected a note yet. I get caught out with this one regularly myself.

I find changing or setting "Wheel: Zooms horizontally (add shift to scroll)" does nothing to allow you horizontal scroll which makes me think it is a bug.
Last edited by boomt on Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

I hate the Welcome screen, can't see the point of it.

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:19 am I hate the Welcome screen, can't see the point of it.
:wink:
but you can change the settings not to start with 'Welcome'.
horst

That's what I was hoping to be told - thanks

The "Welcome" page is organized very much like the one in Studio One but is a poor fit for the Project/Edit model of Waveform and is probably going to confuse new users more than it will help them, at least in its current form. I agree that it serves no apparent useful purpose. I suppose it is a place to see the "news feed" if that is your thing (though we have the forums for that already), but the tutorials could have simply been listed under the Help button on the Project page.

I had already figured out how to set the Project tab to be the default upon startup but it would be much nicer to be able to hide the Welcome tab completely so it's not wasting space on the tab bar.

Yes

Is it possible to have a "Ripple delete section" context menu item for the arranger sections. You can copy or move sections with the arranger but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to just remove a whole section of the song. I know you can drag and select an area and all the clips in that area and do it that way but seems to me this is the whole point of the arranger.

Thanks.
d.

dayvyg wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:45 pm Is it possible to have a "Ripple delete section" context menu item for the arranger sections.
It's already there:
Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 8.29.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 8.28.11 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Update to Ovox Midi Out:

I swear I tried this, but it is working. I have Track 1 (Ovox plugin affecting vocal track on clip), with output set to Track 2. Track 2 Input is set to Track 1: Midi. I placed Waveform FM synth on Track 2 and now I get input from Ovox playing the FM Plugin on Track 2. I tried it before with out a plugin on Track 2, just to get the midi notes in. Perhaps I have to have a plugin on Track 2 to make it go.
Kind of weird. I thought if the midi info was coming in, it wouldn't matter if there was a plugin to receive it, the track would still be getting info from Track 1 and I could get the pattern recorded.
Anyway, it works, and I am happy.

I have noticed two pretty big issues recently.

1.) Solo action is weird when you have a submix being sent to another track (bus). So, if I have Kick and Snare (which are submixes of three tracks each), and Toms (no submix) all going into a Drum Bus track, when I solo that Drum Bus it's only playing the Toms. All tracks are going to the Bus properly, it's what happens when you solo it that is broken.

2.) Track routing is not updating properly when duplicating channels. Duplicating channels is throwing something off so that if the track you duplicate was routed somewhere then the duplicate will be routed to wherever that track used to be before there was another track from the duplication. I hope that makes sense. Basically when you duplicate a track it should go to the same output, or a default one.

Thanks

double post
Last edited by Kang on Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Solo action within submixes is very odd also. It's very difficult to audition between stuff. If you solo a track in a submix, the submix itself doesn't solo, so when you go to solo it, I think everything else gets played too so then you have to mute the those. It's a bit of a mess.

fde101 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:28 pm
dayvyg wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:45 pm Is it possible to have a "Ripple delete section" context menu item for the arranger sections.
It's already there:

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 8.29.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 8.28.11 AM.png
Yes, I saw the option to Ripple delete in the context menu. However, it just ripple deletes the arranger item. I think it should ripple delete the arranger item and the corresponding sections of tracks underneath it. When you use the arranger item to copy or move a section, it doesn't just copy or move the arranger item. It copy/moves the corresponding sections of tracks also. Maybe that's what it's supposed to do and this is a bug.

Thanks.

Great update. Should make waveform easier to assimilate for folks coming from other daws.

Just the impact of little things like midi typing can't be understated.

Return to “Tracktion”