Music renders totally out of key compared to inside Waveform

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello from a total newbie. :)

I decided to learn a few basics of music theory and composition on my old days and decided to use Waveform as one my tools for the task. Now I am having a problem - my first little piece of music I wrote in Waveform renders totally different than it sounds played inside the DAW.

This is how it sounds inside Waveform:
CapturedPlay.zip
And this is what comes out after rendering:
Rendered.zip
I am rather puzzled what could have caused the different. What could I be doing wrong? Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Have you tried rendering at another sample rate? Render as MP3?

I have tried to render it in different formats, but not to change the sample rate. And bumping it from 44.1kHz to 48kHz did the trick. Thank you. :)

How comes that influences the output? Some plugins fall out of tone when generating 44.1kHz samples?

Which plugin are you using? Some plugins don't respond well to their sample rate changing. Always best to work on your project and render at the same sample rate if possible.

Hi. I have been using the MiniGrand by AIR, the BBC Symphony Orchestra by Spitfire & Komplete Kontrol by NI. Seems the latter two are sensitive to the sample rate, while the MiniGrand adapted?

I saw in the meantime that playback is set by default to 48kHz, while the sample rate for the MP3 rendering was set to 44.1kHz per default, which ends up being a trap for someone expecting sensible defaults. So the solution seems to be to ensure everything is set to 48kHz, and one is good to go.

I had the same issue, make sure your audio interfaces sample rate is the same one you have set in waveform settings and while exporting.

Hi, I have a similar problem but it only happens when I render a track. Recently, I wanted to bounce an audio track that went through a tape-emulation plugin (Waves J37) so I chose "Render replacing current track". After rendering the track was out of tune. I did some tests without the plugin and it happens consistently across multiple tracks and projects.

I read that it has something to do with the sample rate. However, I render the track with exactly the same samplerate (44.1 Khz) as the source audio file and my audio device. The audio file I used was exported in 44.1KHz from my MPC Live. In Waveform my Audio device is also set at 44.1. I couldn't find a setting for playback samplerate or project samplerate like mentioned in some of the replies above.

The funny thing is though, when I open both the original file and the rendered file in Audacity they're in tune. Moreover, when I import the rendered file into Waveform (by dragging it from the Windows Explorer) it's played backed at the right speed.

This feels like a bug to me but hopefully I am just overlooking something.

Thanks,
Conor

Make sure 'auto tempo' isn't enabled for the newly rendered clip.

Hmm, turning of auto-tempo doesn't make a difference neither does turning off auto-pitch. However, when I select the correct root-note (which happens to be C) it plays back in tune. I'll have to consult the manual because I'm not sure what these options do exactly.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, though :)

Return to “Tracktion”