Cream + S1 Pro, will the timing issue ever be fixed?

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just tried the demo of Cream, and the problem is still there, same as the old version, the timing drifting now and again, almost like a random swing being applied . It's completely unuseable in this state, which is a real pity as I feel this is definitely one of the best arps I've used.

I'd really like to know what's going on. Last time I remember reading about this, it was suggested that S1 is the problem and not the Kirnu Arps. If that's the case, it seems weird to me that Presonus hasn't fixed this bug, as surely the problem wouldn't be exlusive to using the Kirnu arp?

I highly recommend using Cream inside some modular plugin like MUX in Studio One. The timing is rock solid for me. I find it much less cumbersome to set up than routing instrument tracks in S1. Plus you get all the creative routing and combination capabilities that come with such a modular environment. Not only for Cream, but for all MIDI and audio plugins. Studio One obviously wasn't designed with MIDI plugins in mind, so I suppose it'll take some time until this is fixed.

Really, MUX is super cool on its own, not only as a "crutch" to work around Studio One.

Thanks for the reply. I've been considering MUX for quite some time anyway, and glad to hear it's a decent workaround, so I'll definitely look at it again. Obviously then the issue is MIDI communication between two channels.

I find it quite frustrating that Presonus don't really seem to take this seriously though. In my mind I can't get passed the fact that S1 is buggy in this regard, and has been since its beginning. I'll write to them about this, but I have a feeling not enough people care/made a fuss about the problem, and as you say it'll probably be a long time before it's fixed.

It's a StudioOne problem and they promised to fix it in the next S1 release! Afaik it's scheduled for "May/June".

Great to know, thanks for the news!

PepeLopez wrote:It's a StudioOne problem and they promised to fix it in the next S1 release! Afaik it's scheduled for "May/June".
The new update is out, but there isn't anything in there about timing. That being said I haven't actually tried it yet.

Update: http://forums.presonus.com/posts/list/37289.page
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

I'm sorry, I just can tell you what the developers wrote us :/

Maybe there's a bigger update soon!? You should contact the dev directly!

Return to “Kirnu”