XSRDO Analogy Official Release

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Erisian wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:22 pm I have just discovered a problem. Using Analogy 64 bit in Cakewalk By Bandlab, I create a sound, close the GUI and create a sequence. Everything is fine until I open the GUI again. Then it defaults to the first patch and I lose my sound.
Hi . see option " keep last preset used "

jeff51 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:06 am
Erisian wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:22 pm I have just discovered a problem. Using Analogy 64 bit in Cakewalk By Bandlab, I create a sound, close the GUI and create a sequence. Everything is fine until I open the GUI again. Then it defaults to the first patch and I lose my sound.
Hi . see option " keep last preset used "
It's not working for me. It still defaults to the first preset in the embedded bank.

Hi Guys

That's a tricky one to debug but I think I know what's happening.
I recently learned that DAWs can call VST functions in a different order.
Orion and MuLabs don't show this issue but Reaper 'almost' does. I can see Reaper calling
an internal function when the widow is Minimised/Maximised. I reckon Cakewalk it doing the same thing.
I'll come up with a work around.

@Erisian
I managed to get your modular sequencer idea down to a single module.
It's now upto 8 steps per module :)
Modular Sequencer.png
Kirsty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

@Erisian , I already reported this problem, but with this option, it was fixed . I have many other problems with v0.977 ( noise when I load the plugin , some of my presets no longer work , some factory presets are mute , some modules are still disable and GUI default :? ) but I think it's because I still use win 7 :!: .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kirsty roland wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:09 am @Erisian
I managed to get your modular sequencer idea down to a single module.
It's now upto 8 steps per module :)
Modular Sequencer.png
Kirsty
That looks really smart Kirsty. I like it. :tu:
jeff51 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:10 am I had already reported this problem, but with this option, it was fixed . I have many other problems with v0.977 ( noise when I load the plugin , some of my presets no longer work , some factory presets are mute , some modules are still disable and GUI default :? ) but I think it's because still use win 7 :!: .
I use Win 7 and I get the same as you. I am also having problems Beta testing another instrument and I think that might be down to the same thing. This old computer hasn't got long now so I hope I can afford an upgrade.

Good news. Restore bank on startup worked for me. :tu: :)

Erisian wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:05 pm Good news. Restore bank on startup worked for me. :tu: :)
Eh :!: You mean I've been trying to fix something that wasn't a problem.
Anyway, so the things I need to do before the next update are...
1. Erisian. All DAWs remember the last Analogy settings.
(Done. I've removed some options from the, er, options menu. They are now preset by Setup.exe)
2. Jeff51. Fix the bad module alignment in the image above.
3. Jeff51. Noise when I load the plugin. What noise?
4. Jeff51. Some modules are still disable and GUI default (All modules are now turned on by default in v0.979). What does GUI default mean?
5. Jeff51. Some factory presets are mute. Please tell me which ones as they all work for me.

Thanks for beta testing guys. Once I fix these few issues I could be getting close to V1.0

Kirsty

Nice work Kirsty. I'm sorry I didn't make my problem clear but it sounds like you have fixed it now. It was just that if I loaded a preset, then closed the GUI to use the DAWs midi functions, when I opened the GUI again, the synth reset itself to Enchanted Arp. If I am experiencing the same as Jeff, then 3. is a brief crackle like a dodgy electrical switch being turned on.

Erisian wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:32 am ...a brief crackle like a dodgy electrical switch being turned on...
That's because it's emulating an old analog modular synth :lol: :lol: :lol:

No Problem. I reckon I've fixed most of those issues now.
Time to get back to that Modular Sequencer, make a few more presets then upload the next update.

Kirsty :)

kirsty roland wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:09 am
Erisian wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:32 am ...a brief crackle like a dodgy electrical switch being turned on...
That's because it's emulating an old analog modular synth :lol: :lol: :lol:
I said to myself the same thing :D
"GUI default" , this is the problem we see in Screenshot above .
PS: I forgot to specify in my "PM" answer: I completed the last factory bank with my presets . :wink:

DL : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FG5LJ ... G12orpF9rF

The release function on the mini monosynth's envelope doesn't seem to work. :(

Erisian wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:10 am The release function on the mini monosynth's envelope doesn't seem to work. :(
I confirm ( and I find that the filter lacks efficiency ) :wink:

jeff51 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:21 pm
Erisian wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:10 am The release function on the mini monosynth's envelope doesn't seem to work. :(
I confirm ( and I find that the filter lacks efficiency ) :wink:
I'm glad it's not just me then! :hihi:
and the release on both the polysynth and the padwave synth behave strangely, triggering the remainder of the note when the next note is played. Can you confirm that too jeff?

No, Release seems normal for polysynth and padwave . I tried ( a new time ) the monosynth in one of my presets ( made with v0.971 ) and the release works . But if Kirsty changed some modules , some presets may have changed ( this is the impression that I have for some of mine...without being sure :? ) knowing that my system is also unstable :roll:

PS: I don't really know how Kirsty designed the monosynth, but if the EG only acts on the filter, then the Release will not work without an Amp EG :wink:

As I develop Analogy I'm trying very hard to keep it backward compatable.
However, one thing about being in beta is that I sometimes need to change
a bit of code which can occasionally break something else.
Jeff's 'GUI Default' report is a result of this. My bad.
I can't find fault with the envelope release. They all work for me! But then I'm using v0.979
jeff51 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:21 pm I confirm ( and I find that the filter lacks efficiency ) :wink:
The filter in the Mono and Poly Synth modules is the K35 Sallen-Key
emulation from my old Korg MS10. I actually like the sound very much.

Different filter types in the Synth modules (M115, M116)
There is capacity to add a switch to the Mini Mono Synth M115 to select
from different filter types. I'll add that to my TODO list.

The Mini Poly Synth M116 is maxed out on controls so I would need to
replace something. Proberbly the Filter Env amount knob.
This would break any existing presets using it so maybe a bad idea.
Perhaps best to just make another (2nd) Mini Poly Synth module.

@Jeff
I'll add Another LFO with more wave shapes and Midi bpm synced clock
to my TODO list. Also more filters :wink:

@Erisian
The new Modular Sequencer is finished. It's very powerful when linked
to other instances of it's self and I'm having great fun making long complex
sequences. Unfortunatly it might be difficult to understand fully how it works
without a basic instruction manual of some kind.
ps. I like your KVR avatar :lol:

I like the presets you guys are posting. You are starting to use Analogy
in ways I never thought of 8)

Keep well
Kirsty

Return to “Modular Synthesis”