Request and bugreport for MdspDuckDelay

Official support for: smartelectronix.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello developer. I use MdspDuckDelay in both SX 2 and 3 and enjoy using it very much. The ducking delay is one of the functions i enjoyed so much on my old Zoom 2090's. In an attempt to get that sound back i've began using and experimenting with MdspDuckDelay. Thanks for the free plug.

The bug that i encounter is as follows:
I open the channel settings and select MdspDuckDelay as an insert and choose any preset. When i now start to play a sound through the channel the plugin will remain silent a few seconds, then play static ticks and erratic pieces of the sound i'm playing. Then after another few seconds it MdspDuckDelay will begin playing normal.
Sometimes when it doesn't play normal it helps if i turn it off/on a few times. I'm using the latest verion from you website.

I hope this is a good bug describtion, let me know if i can help you with more information.

If i may ask for something added to this plugin it would be that you add an option to have a user select what length of a sound it will playback if it was ducking.

i.e. I setup MdspDuckDelay to duck when audio is playing. A sample of somebody saying "this is an emergency!" will result in: "this is an emergency!" (fx) "..gency ..gency ..gency".

I'd like to have an option that allows me to lengthen or shorten the "..gency" part.

I hope this makes sense. (It did when i was still at it 5 AM last night anyway;) )

well I can't reproduce what you describe.

what you ask it certainly interresting but it would be a different plugin. It's currently implemented as a delay followed by a compressor/gate, the side -chain being the dry input.

Return to “Smart Electronix”