can't get articulation

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have my acoustic guitar set to the -50 time offset parameter, as mentioned in the video tutorial, I have the guitar set at 'keyboard', and when I go into the midi piano roll and add a key switch, such as D#0, the articulation doesn't happen. I am drawing in this note on the piano roll. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I get no articulation regardless of the key switch I draw.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

What DAW are you using?

The latest Sonar Pro

could you make a screen shot of your piano roll here? include the midi notes and keyswitches.

I also note that when I record midi on my keyboard, I play a D0 but it shows up on the piano roll as a D2. However, I dropped it down to a D0 where the key switch lives. I also tried it with the note at different octaves and right with the starting note but to no avail.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Also attaching the settings screen shot for the Ample Guitar. Maybe there's something there I'm not doing?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Too continue, if I move my key switch up to D2 I get the palm mute, back to C0 and back to sustain. The notes are shown playing on the keyboard of Ample Guitar. However, no other articulation is happening such as D#2 being a slide in and out, the one I'm looking for.

Hope this added information helps.

Got it, that is not an issue :)

Sonar and FL studio use a different pitch standard with other DAWs.

The C0 in Cubase, Sonar or Logic just is the C2 in Sonar and FL. D0 in Cubase just is D2 in Sonar.

BTW there are 3 pitch standards on the world.

1. the MIDI pitch number 24 is called C0 in the most DAWs.

2. the MIDI pitch number 24 is called C1 in the Roland MIDI keyboard hardware.

3. the MIDI pitch number 24 is called C2 in Soanr and FL studio.

Return to “Ample Sound”