Leap Into The Void "Darker Than Dark Within Bloom" for Massive thread

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Leap Into The Void - Darker Than Dark Within Bloom thread

Darker Than Dark Within Bloom

Underworldly and enchanting.
Even more dark, more scary, more ominous, and more beautiful.
128 sounds (now expanded to 150) designed to seduce from the darkest of dark filled with evolving soundscapes, pads, pulsating doom and ominous sequences. The library also contains thunderous sequenced drums from the underworld, organs, sequenced soundscapes, bass sounds, scary sounds, beautiful sounds and leads.

Suited for electronic and/or dark music any genre, film or games production that need soundscapes that can fill a complete scene alone.

Thread for discussion, feedback, questions, info…
Last edited by liv on Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

Just a short note to say that I picked this up yesterday and am blown away. I usually don't buy preset packs for my synths (I usually don't even have time to get through the stock presets), but I heard these examples and decided to take the plunge. I am very very glad I did. These are not mere presets - they are almost like individual compositions that have beginnings, middles and ends, evolving over time. Entire moods can be evoked simply by pressing a single key. I would strongly recommend that anyone with Massive pick this up; it is a shining example of first-rate patch development.

PS - I am not affiliated with Leap into the Void.

bharris22 wrote:Just a short note to say that I picked this up yesterday and am blown away. I usually don't buy preset packs for my synths (I usually don't even have time to get through the stock presets), but I heard these examples and decided to take the plunge. I am very very glad I did. These are not mere presets - they are almost like individual compositions that have beginnings, middles and ends, evolving over time. Entire moods can be evoked simply by pressing a single key. I would strongly recommend that anyone with Massive pick this up; it is a shining example of first-rate patch development.

What a wonderful review post.
I should quote this on Darker Than Dark Within Bloom page.
Thanks and glad you like it.

bharris22 wrote:Just a short note to say that I picked this up yesterday and am blown away. I usually don't buy preset packs for my synths (I usually don't even have time to get through the stock presets), but I heard these examples and decided to take the plunge. I am very very glad I did. These are not mere presets - they are almost like individual compositions that have beginnings, middles and ends, evolving over time. Entire moods can be evoked simply by pressing a single key. I would strongly recommend that anyone with Massive pick this up; it is a shining example of first-rate patch development.
Definitely is. The Serpent is similarly inspired and inspirational.

liv wrote:

Be my guest, and thank you for developing these!

aMUSEd wrote:
Definitely is. The Serpent is similarly inspired and inspirational.
Thanks for the heads up (for The Serpent aswell).

bharris22 wrote:
liv wrote:

Be my guest, and thank you for developing these!
:tu:

Time for a new demo.
Added new demo song called "Glitter From The Demon", using four presets with automation of the macro knobs.
All sounds come from the presets and theres no fx but a small amount of limiter on the output.

Please have a listen.
https://soundcloud.com/leap-into-the-vo ... -the-demon

The great thing about these patches is they contain within them the seeds of many other sounds, just waiting to be discovered. This is just an exploration of variations within one patch - using Kore 2 to save each "sweet spot" and morph between them:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... -47-16.mp3

I'm slowly making morphing Kore sound versions of all of these but it takes time - I have already converted the whole bank to ksd but adding the variations is what takes time

aMUSEd wrote:The great thing about these patches is they contain within them the seeds of many other sounds, just waiting to be discovered.
Thanks. Great to hear and, nice to know there are those (you) who actually do dig deeper and find these "hidden" secrets inside the sounds as most of them are designed specifically just for this purpose of enabling sounds within the sounds.
This is just an exploration of variations within one patch - using Kore 2 to save each "sweet spot" and morph between them:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... -47-16.mp3
Fantastic!
You should do a screen capture video of that. At least I would've loved to see what was going on. :)
I'm slowly making morphing Kore sound versions of all of these but it takes time - I have already converted the whole bank to ksd but adding the variations is what takes time
Very cool. Let me know and I'll announce it to the dtdwb users.

liv wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:The great thing about these patches is they contain within them the seeds of many other sounds, just waiting to be discovered.
Thanks. Great to hear and, nice to know there are those (you) who actually do dig deeper and find these "hidden" secrets inside the sounds as most of them are designed specifically just for this purpose of enabling sounds within the sounds.
I think back in the day when Kore was still a viable platform I'm sure you would have been able to create some of the best soundpacks for Kore going with these as starting points. Sadly you are having to resort to attempting to describe the various possibilities inherent in each sound in your extensive patch notes but Kore enables us to go beyond words and actually give life to these possibilities. Such a pity it was discontinued, there is literally nothing that can replace it as a sound designer's dream made real.

aMUSEd wrote:
liv wrote:
I think back in the day when Kore was still a viable platform I'm sure you would have been able to create some of the best soundpacks for Kore going with these as starting points. Sadly you are having to resort to attempting to describe the various possibilities inherent in each sound in your extensive patch notes but Kore enables us to go beyond words and actually give life to these possibilities. Such a pity it was discontinued, there is literally nothing that can replace it as a sound designer's dream made real.
Thanks for the compliments.
Looking foorward to check em out when they are ready.

Darker Than Dark Within Bloom Expanded!
Darker Than Dark Within Bloom has been expanded with 22 presets making it now a total of 150 presets.

Wicked! I didn't realized until tonight DTDWB was expanding.

Ahhh so little time in a day.

Return to “Soundware”