Bitwig PDC... exactly same problem as LIVE!!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

3ee wrote:I did some PDC tests while in beta and worked like it should.
Tested with some Waves and Ozone5.

Maybe the problem might be with the plugin latency reporting to host?
Try with different plugins that don't have dynamic latency and see if it goes well.. if yes, I guess than we know where the problem is.
I tried pro-q, the op tried pro-mb. Any suggestions for other latency inducing plugins? How will I know if it has dynamic latency?

I doubt that's the problem, it goes several seconds out of sync with just 4 pro-qs. After I stop playing, the music continues for almost a whole loop, it's horrible.

3ee wrote:another thing.... I tested "live" while playback with parallel tracks and it worked perfectly.
PDC may be working well in playback, but once exporting might not. ...

...or might be working but it will simply introduce some delay at the beginning only after bounce.

So, which is it?
Have you tried the test we have here? Automate a plugin, then put latency inducing plugins before it? If you make the automation obvious, you should hear the audio change immediately.

If the plugin has some options (like quality or linear phase switches or stuff like that) than it's dynamic latency since plugin will change latency based on those settings.

+ Try the PDC experiment "live" with parallel tracks to confirm if the problem isn't on export/bounce only.

I try with Kickstart, work fine! Adding before Kickstart Fab-Filter Q and bounce!

virtualmark wrote:
3ee wrote:another thing.... I tested "live" while playback with parallel tracks and it worked perfectly.
PDC may be working well in playback, but once exporting might not. ...

...or might be working but it will simply introduce some delay at the beginning only after bounce.

So, which is it?
Have you tried the test we have here? Automate a plugin, then put latency inducing plugins before it? If you make the automation obvious, you should hear the audio change immediately.
haven't tried...

The only reason I chimed it... is to maybe give some alternative tests to try different things so you know what you are reporting. I bet the poor guys @ Bitwig are overwhelmed with all sort of stuff and the last thing they need is for people to impulsively post things without the "homework" experimentation.

I found this bug too.. I hadn't seen this thread.. Got Demo, set bpm to 150, and created a kick with Bazzism, and a bassline with Diversion, then added Equality EQ to both channels. Set them both to linear phase, and added the Bitwig dynamics plugin for sidechain on the bassline.

I made a simple Kick, Bass, Bass, Bass combo on a 4 bar loop. Everything was fine.. then I added another Bitwig effect to the bassline (just to test them out) - I tried flanger, chorus and few others. Everyone I tried threw the bass off by an entire note.. so I now had the first bass note playing at the same time as the kick!

Did some more testing, tried turning pdc on and off (a change was heard but it was worse with it off!), and tried adding vst's instead, and found that it seems to happen to me at least in this scenario, only when adding the Bitwig plugins.. I can also confirm that it does NOT behave the same upon repeat testing, sometimes going out of sync, and sometimes not! For example.. I can put on a Bitwig plug, it goes out of time, then i turn eq's to digital mode (no latency), and it does NOT fix it. Remove the bit wig plug and all ok, then put it straight back on, this time it stays in time.. :/

I've got a feeling there's a bug here that's been dealt with but isn't in the release yet. Maybe there will be a new version in a few days.
Studio One, OS X 10.0, M-Audio Oxygen 25 keyboard.
Old websites:
http://www.bitwigtutorials.net Free Bitwig Studio tutorials
http://www.macableton.com Free Ableton Live and Mac tutorials.

kennyda wrote:I've got a feeling there's a bug here that's been dealt with but isn't in the release yet. Maybe there will be a new version in a few days.
What makes you say that?

I hope so! I want to buy it, but this is the ONE thing they must get right, or I may as well stick to ableballz..
Last edited by Sprocket-Audio on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ogopogo wrote:
kennyda wrote:I've got a feeling there's a bug here that's been dealt with but isn't in the release yet. Maybe there will be a new version in a few days.
What makes you say that?
I found something similar and got an email a few days ago saying they sorted it.
Studio One, OS X 10.0, M-Audio Oxygen 25 keyboard.
Old websites:
http://www.bitwigtutorials.net Free Bitwig Studio tutorials
http://www.macableton.com Free Ableton Live and Mac tutorials.

Ah, interesting.

Indeed. Lets hope they have sorted it! As others have said, they really need to get this right.

Oh jesus I hope this gets sorted out as it was the biggest feature I was looking forward to. I was too lazy to test it today but thanks to the poster that did.

PDC is working in Bitwig for most use cases. What ever has been discovered here is a bit more obscure, but on my machine right now I can turn PDC on / off and have audio + synths go in and out of time depending on the setting.
... space is the place ...

What is the meaning of your "most"? Don't most people use automation or midi clock related plugin? huh, nice.

Return to “Bitwig”