Slice to individual wav files

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Probably isn't there but when making a milti-sample, is there an option or way you can slice(bounce) to individual wav sample files instead of just creating start/end points in the original source sample?

Or any other way in Bitwig to slice and save samples?

Mike
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

Don't know exactly but sometimes when I drag an audio clip to a sampler, it automatically bounces it. Don't know exactly under which conditions and can't test now.
I could imagine that maybe it could work if some clip parameter (pan, gain) is automated or there is a stretch mode applied. Or maybe if the audio events are cut (split at onsets...) before slicing? Just a few ideas that came to my mind. Maybe you can find a method where you automate/set a stretching algorithm so that it doesn't affect the sound but when you slice it to DM/multisample it bounces each slice individually?

Have you tried consolidating the individual sections. That removes excess information. Not sure if they get saved that way, but worth a look.

What i do (if i understand your question :oops: )
I set my onsets in clip editor and then i bounce to drummachine/sampler on onsets...(it does not bounce though)
Or is this to obvious??? :D

Thanks people. :)

My question was specifically aimed at the multi-sampler... The reason is since it has an editor and can have the nice slice too.. operations performed on an existing arranger loop, I thought with would be useful as an editor.

I am creating an automated program that creates PCM presets for the Caustic app. I noticed that a .multisample preset is a zip archive with an XML manifest and all the samples in the /samples folder within it.

The first file I looked at had mutlisamples for key ranges and XML entries so I thought, yeah I can use Bitwig to create sound presets for my sound packs in Caustic.

Then I realized when I did the slice to multisample, it didn't make individual wav files but just the start/end/loop values are saved in the multisample preset.

This makes sense because if you are just slicing it, you only need the master file in Bitwig or some other sampler that can cut the master sample in realtime.

So I guess I will just continue doing what I started 2 days ago and write code that decodes the wav, loads the XML file and slices it using the start and end points, create the individual slices and repackage them up. :)

Thanks again for the replies.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
Surfing on sine waves

Maybe something like Wavepad (http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html) may help. There is a free version that allows splitting audio and will save the individual cuts. I know there are various splitting options which may be of use to you.

goatgirl wrote:Maybe something like Wavepad (http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html) may help. There is a free version that allows splitting audio and will save the individual cuts. I know there are various splitting options which may be of use to you.
Thanks, I am all about automation. :)

These are for my app products so I was going to take advantage of the fact Bitwig has a nice multisampler editor that has an XML file for me to create PCMSynth presets from the XML values. The only thing missing was the sliced samples after I ran the action in Bitwig.

But since I know how to decode and slice a wav on samples and then encode, I will just take the longer route of writing the code once and then it's done. My program will read the multisample files and create the slices wav files from that.

thanks!

Mike
Michael Schmalle
Surfing on sine waves

TeotiGraphix wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:26 pm
But since I know how to decode and slice a wav on samples and then encode, I will just take the longer route of writing the code once and then it's done. My program will read the multisample files and create the slices wav files from that.

thanks!

Mike
Hi Mike,

Did you get this working?

I spent some time making a few multisamples in Bitwig and then found I could not export the individual samples to wav :dog:

Reviving an ancient thread. Is this resolved? I would like to chop up a sample (drum hits) into individual wavs, to use in an external hardware sampler. Bitwig makes the slicing very easy, but I have trouble understanding how to export what I created.
Qw, music from twelve weeks in quarantine is now streaming on spotify and bandcamp. This is a collaboration with the the smallest of worlds VR art project, that documents our living spaces in times of isolation. You can join their project here.

softegg wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:31 pm Reviving an ancient thread. Is this resolved? I would like to chop up a sample (drum hits) into individual wavs, to use in an external hardware sampler. Bitwig makes the slicing very easy, but I have trouble understanding how to export what I created.
I've been wondering the same, so I can make multisampled oneshot bass samplepacks to share/sell. I'm only doing 24 slices at a time (for two octaves of notes), so I was thinking to just name all of the clips appropriately, bounce them all and then copy the newly created audio files from the project into another directory.
Always Read the Manual!

Same issue, BW5, another 2 years on, they don't have an option to slice destructively.

I am also a Reaper user and it does this very easily via "Dynamic Splits". So I will use Reaper for this. Note that Reaper is no easy DAW. However, it's very good for repetitive scripty type things. But in general you get lost in it and forget to make music.

Hi. Once you do the Dynamic Splits (which works great!!), then what is the next step to export out the split regions? I can't figure out the next steps in Reaper to do this in an automated way.
magmagwa wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:48 am Same issue, BW5, another 2 years on, they don't have an option to slice destructively.

I am also a Reaper user and it does this very easily via "Dynamic Splits". So I will use Reaper for this. Note that Reaper is no easy DAW. However, it's very good for repetitive scripty type things. But in general you get lost in it and forget to make music.

magmagwa wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:48 am Same issue, BW5, another 2 years on, they don't have an option to slice destructively.
Maybe I don't understand what you are trying to do. If you have say a drum loop, you can slice in place which chops it into individual hits, then select all, bounce and in the project pane under files you will find individual wav files of each of the sliced hits.

pdxindy wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:16 am
Maybe I don't understand what you are trying to do. If you have say a drum loop, you can slice in place which chops it into individual hits, then select all, bounce and in the project pane under files you will find individual wav files of each of the sliced hits.
Ah, this is something I had totally not noticed that I could do!! Good tip. Bounce in Place also doesn't create an extra audio track. :tu:

johnghadimi wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:51 pm
pdxindy wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:16 am
Ah, this is something I had totally not noticed that I could do!! Good tip. Bounce in Place also doesn't create an extra audio track. :tu:
Yeah... I meant bounce in place in my mind... just didn't type it right :hihi:

Return to “Bitwig”