[POLL] What next?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic

What do you miss the most?

Advanced tools in the piano roll (scrub, velocity ramp, chop, strum, stretch, etc.)
22%
Musical scales highlighting (per clip configurable)
12%
Chord/harmony track
7%
ARA(2) integration
5%
Automation clips including automation generators and modifiers
9%
Linked/ghost/alias clips
6%
Track comping
9%
Access to the modular development tool
8%
Video track
5%
Groove quantize with custom templates
11%
Other? (describe)
6%

Total votes: 844

RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's freaking insane that when hitting keys triggering the Drum Machine, the device doesn't update to show the Sampler that was last triggered by key.

editing sampler properties inside a drum machine is SO SLOW because of this. I can hit a key, hear it playback, but now I have to go hunting for which sampler it is, scrolling around the drum machine device, eventually finding it, NOW I can edit it....bah. Just update per-note-on, for chrissake!

mholloway wrote:It's freaking insane that when hitting keys triggering the Drum Machine, the device doesn't update to show the Sampler that was last triggered by key.

editing sampler properties inside a drum machine is SO SLOW because of this. I can hit a key, hear it playback, but now I have to go hunting for which sampler it is, scrolling around the drum machine device, eventually finding it, NOW I can edit it....bah. Just update per-note-on, for chrissake!
Maybe not the solution for you. But MOSS script with the push "solves" this.
One of the reasons i bought a "cheap" push-1.
But the sampler needs a total overhaul IMHO. :pray: :pray:

PLEASE,

Has there been any announcement for, or is anyone supportive of different automation curve styles?!?! Like in FL Studio, they're awesome!!!

Please give us different automation curve shapes!!!

r4ndom wrote:PLEASE,

Has there been any announcement for, or is anyone supportive of different automation curve styles?!?! Like in FL Studio, they're awesome!!!

Please give us different automation curve shapes!!!
Use modulators for that.

Also, such feature doesn't make much sense without automation clips, where automation curve is separate from the parameter and contained within a clip, that can be pasted anywhere, stretched, reversed, etc. It's something I'd love to see one day in Bitwig - I use & love it in Reason! - but for me personally it's far down in the priority list.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Better handling of multitimbral, multi-out plugins. The way it works right now is terribly clunky. Ability to configure sliders in the mixer to send CC7 (like Reaper, very useful for controlling external multitimbral instruments). Rewire would be nice, especially if it is a good implementation, not like the absurdly lame one in Live (no VSTs when slaved... WTF?). More extensive support for scripting (not just for external controllers) and a deeper API that allows for extending functionality (a la Reaper).

Sorry to mention Reaper twice, despite my move to Bitwig I'm still a bit of a Reaper fanboy (esp. in conjunction with Playtime, which is a nice way to bring into Reaper a non-linear, pattern-based paradigm) -- unfortunately it doesn't look like Reaper is going to implement Ableton Link anytime soon, and Playtime does not support signature or tempo changes, features that I consider crucial in this day and age, hence my move to Bitwig. But I miss many of Reaper's features, anyway.

Randall P. McMurphy wrote:
- groove templates

- crossfading loop on the sampler. *DONE :tu:

- support for microtuning, scala etc

- 'modulation receiver' that works the way the audio receiver does - as it stands the only way to move modulation outside individual tracks is by using MIDI or grouping all the instruments in one track

- ability to set default preset for modulation tools (unless I missed how to do this) - bit of a pain constantly having to change the waveform on the LFO or bring values to 0 etc

- ability to save groups of modulations that are already interdependent - again, bit of a pain to have to constantly drop an LFO, then route it to the sample & hold, then route that to one side of the mix, then an lfo to the other side - would be great to just drop a preset of modulations into a device
we can add:

- legato glide option box for Hardware CV Instrument

- Accent Template, so that the user can specify which notes get an accent.
Could just be a grid block of one bar that you specify grid size 1/2, 1/4/, 1/16T as per regular note entry, and then enter steps. These steps are then accented according to the accent knob in the global section. Keep in the sidebar where the accent controls are now. For me as it stands the current sine wave isn't useful or precise.

- ability to assign as a shortcut or map to midi for "Device: Set Next / Previous Parameter Bank". Currently using Moßgraber Flexi script but this should be built into the program for all users.

- ability to assign as a shortcut or map to midi for "Record Quantization", I'm often moving between 'off' and '16ths' and this would speed things up, too many clicks right now.

- use shift to select multiple empty clip spaces in the launcher and then enter to make them all activate and start recording at once (a good technique I used in Ableton that I miss here).

- option to edit the tag list that is shown in the clip / device saving dialog to replace with your own tags. I never ever use 'acoustic' but always use 'superdope' etc.

- option to turn off “embed files not in project folder” as default option to save, maybe just remember last chosen behaviour, easy!

- clean up the way duplicate works with clips. If you don't move the start marker its all good, but if you move the start marker within a loop and then try to duplicate the loop weird things often happen (but this is more a bug then a feature request).

BUMP to the devs :) dear Santa we've been good so please bring superduper PR and groove tracks... to the BWS masses :D ( instead of some new cowbell device :hihi: )
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

1. OSC integration
2. Video track

Offload GUI to GPU

T71 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:51 pm Offload GUI to GPU
+1

voidex wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:51 pm
T71 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:51 pm Offload GUI to GPU
+1
+1

this topic should never die, bump
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Wanted to add automation clips to my vote!! and Chord track!!!!
also, i want to be able to use NRPN messages. as it is, i have had to go back to ableton for detailed control of my analog synths. Really sucks.

Midi step input

Midi chasing in clip luncher/arrangement when recording

being able to duplicate content of clips by pressing their region like Ableton

In other words, "finish" the clip luncher. The first two are essential from those who are used to working mainly in the clip luncher in Ableton. :pray:

Oups dual post
Last edited by kpv on Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bitwig”