Audio to midi?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...i have bitwig since two weeks in use now....and what can i say....it's breathtaking....finally one big truu musicinstrument daw...BUT......ONLY thing i miss, is THIS!...

seamlessly voice to midi, audio to midi.....IS what's actually missing in this one and for all sonic super package....!!!

please make it happen within 4.0.......

Unless you are looking for real-time, ARA2 would would be a good option with Melodyne and offer many solutions to things people are looking for (audio to midi, pitch correction etc)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:06 pm Unless you are looking for real-time, ARA2 would would be a good option with Melodyne and offer many solutions to things people are looking for (audio to midi, pitch correction etc)
I did this long ago when I used Win. It worked well, but the lack of real-time is a bummer to me--especially considering the Melodyne pricetag(s). Melodyne is better suited for pitch correction anyway though; A2M was just a nice extra.

That said, lately I use Zebrify for it's awesome pitch tracking ability. Trouble is, it doens't spit out MIDI. Nevertheless, you can design a great synth inside the plugin for your sound. Not only that, you can blend the original signal in some useful ways. Then, if you combine this with Bitwig's vocoder you can get a great pitch-tracked vocode! Albeit a bit tricky to route the devices.

This is actually a good point concerning Bitwig use case/feature synergy; if they give us pitch-tracking/A2M/however, then a natural companion would be the vocoder.

I'm actually just waiting for this feature to renew my Bitwig subscription. It's the one bit of functionality I miss from Ableton. There are some VSTs for the job, but I'd want something baked into the DAW workflow.

Gnuus wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 8:06 am
connmach wrote:still using my RM50 for that, just saying
What is a RM50?
It's a Suzuki motorbike from the 70s. Not sure how you get midi out of it tho'. :hihi:

Sometimes a NOTE DETECTOR appears in my browser. The symbol looks like a sine wave from which an arrow points to MIDI notes. But there is no device for it. I am still at version 3.1.
Note Detector_Kreis.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bitwig”