Post just your TOP 3 wishlist for BITWIG 2.5.....

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. REX/RX2 support, basic one and still missing
2. tagging system for samples similar like loopcloud (genre, bpm, pitch, type,...) (would improve sample searching alot)
3. other export formats for audio (like mp3 for example)
(4. buttery smooth ui like flstudio)

Scoox wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:23 am + alias/linked clips
+ automation clips
+1

better touch support, like a macro window to combine with the virtual keyboard for playing and tweaking the synth simultaniously.
Thias Macro Window should allow tou route some macro routings from a synth and it would be perfect to recall the tweaking or if it visuals the starting presets to tweak back or recall the preset of synth and fx. It should have more than 8 knobs to adress not only a synth, more knobs would be bether for fx plugins, arps and lfos. These knobs could also be selectable as touch faders - maybe something like touchable or lemur to use a touchdevice as performance instrument.

+1 for bether MPE support
bether midi and automation edit

1. MIDI Note Modulator or Note FX for Kontakt or other sampler keyswitching
- works AFTER any Note FX so that the switch being sent doesn't end up arpeggiated

2. Tempo Mapping like Cubase

3. Multitrack recording/comping like Logic

Kabletx wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:30 pm
2. Tempo Mapping like Cubase
Is Tempo Mapping better in Cubase compared to Logic?

1.) Built-in Convolver Effect allowing for custom IRs for simulating reverbs, cabinets, and other effects.

2.) Amp and Cabinet improvements! What Bitwig has feels like a good start, but I often struggle to dial in the sounds that I want for bass and guitar. When it comes to the Cabinet section, I also wonder why this isn't broken out into its own separate device!

If I could ditch Guitar Rig and use Bitwig's built-ins instead, it'd be a dream come true - especially since I mostly use Linux, where NI stuff is never supported.

3.) Comping. I'm not exactly sure how it would work, but anything that would make it easier to comp multiple takes when recording would be a welcome improvement.

---

P.S.: If any Bitwig devs check here, I love this DAW and I want to thank you especially for supporting Linux! It's now my main DAW, and I recommend it every chance I get. =]

I too want easier comping. For now you can record all your takes into the clip launcher, drag those out to the timeline, group them, and go into layer edit. You can also set up the clip launcher to record into the next free slot (Play menu) after a predetermined time/bars/ect, for doing multiple takes at once. Again,drag those out to the time line, and layer edit.
-JH

mumpcake wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:29 pm I also don't get why I can't have midi auditions directed to the current track. If I am auditioning a drum loop, I want to hear drums, not an atonal collection of notes.
Hey beta testers, any chance 2.5 fixed this?
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

1. Comping (Similar to Logic. I've heard many artists and producers saying the reason they use other DAWs besides Ableton or Bitwig is because there is no comping feature)
2. Multiband (with OTT preset similar to Ableton. I know this can be made in a modular way but a dedicated native component would be amazing and quick. This is something I see many producers using on almost everything - Xfer OTT is a good substitute)
3. Saturator

Easy Additions:

1. A shortcut to close VST window or close all windows
2. A play from midi location (Similar to Ableton CTRL + Space. It is so very helpful when editing midi and chords to be able to play from the current location)
3. Drag audio from timeline into project folder.. Not sure if this is possible at the moment but it would be great
4. A way to save instrument racks or modules that are easily searchable by launching the browser and beginning to type the name. A similar functionality of actually adding a VST with the shortcuts (D + B (browser) + Name of VST / User Rack + Down Arrow + Enter)
5. A shortcut for cycling through the tabs when the browser has been launched (not sure if this is possible)

Happy holidays!

A Pd patch wrapper like MoMuPlat but with nice Bitwig-like knobs and faders...

1) A mixer that correctly shows VU meter activity for audio that is audible.

Looking at the mixer, when tracks are grouped, *with the group container open*, soloing other tracks anywhere in the project results in VU meters being active in *grouped tracks* _in addition _ to the solo'd track, which should be the only track with VU meters displaying audio activity.

arrakeen wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:54 pm 1) A mixer that correctly shows VU meter activity for audio that is audible.

Looking at the mixer, when tracks are grouped, *with the group container open*, soloing other tracks anywhere in the project results in VU meters being active in *grouped tracks* _in addition _ to the solo'd track, which should be the only track with VU meters displaying audio activity.
Are the devs aware of this glaring ongoing issue? I currently own a 1.x Bitwig license and would like to upgrade any day now after hearing about version 3. I'm currently demoing the latest version 2.x available and this solo bug is terribly annoying when mixing and mastering.

Has Bitwig stated when this issue will be fixed? I'm afraid I will not purchase the upgrade until it is resolved.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

summer2000 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:54 pm Has Bitwig stated when this issue will be fixed? I'm afraid I will not purchase the upgrade until it is resolved.
Best to email Bitwig and ask them...

support@bitwig.com

1. Tool for synchronize vocals , something like in Sonar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao-wFsWI7qE

2. Something like Smart Tool in Sonar , you did not have to press 1-5 to change mouse functions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pAqFtracp0

3. combine the pitch to midi function so that you can control the pitch audio function of the midi controller without drawing.

- alias/linked clips
- automation clips
- chord track, working for both MIDI and audio (like Studio One 4)
- performance control - a touch-friendly device or ideally a new view, where we could collect controls - knobs, buttons, faders, drop-down lists from all tracks in the project in one place, to control many parameters across many tracks at once

- "NEW" IDEA: expandable device icons in mixer panel, so that we had access to their macros via small dials/buttons (for all devices) or small graphical representation of the device for native ones; a bit like in Studio One:

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Bitwig”