Test Loom but with iLock. Why?

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want to test Loom. First, an iLock manager is installed and then I should also register myself? Why? I do not have an iLock and do not want one. I just want to test. :x
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

If you dont want an iLok you'll never be able to use the full version, so why test it?

Anyways, the demo is fully-featured, so the iLok is what times out the demo.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

On the website is to read.

*Notes

No iLok key required

So what's that? Now I have the computer with PACE and iLockManger garbage.

There's a difference between the iLok license system and a USB iLok,which is a hardware key that the iLok license system can use. My mistake in forgetting that you dont need an iLok key for the AIR plugins. You still need the iLok system, though, for the reason I gave.

Newer versions of the iLok software dont need an iLok key, though IMO its preferable to use one, as otherwise the authorisation gets tied to a hard drive and can be lost if the drive fails or is reformatted or replaced.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Thanks for the information. I would love to buy Loom and also determines Loom2. But not with this copy protection registry disaster for a demo. I can well understand that companies want to protect their products, but everyone does something different.
The honest user is forced to a registration marathon and is at the end of the dork. I'm not there. Sorry AIR but with me you do not do business.

tl;dr : just make an ilok account on their website, download the ilok app, install it and log-in. Then you can test any ilok software that allows local storage (slate for example ask for usb ilok key).

Long version:
Seriously, iLok is no distaster once is properly understood: some software allows the license storage only on iLok usb key (safe, reliable), other software allows either on usb key either on local hard drive (as people mentioned, a drive wipe will also wipe your ilok licenses and then you must talk with each manufacturer to resend a new license - I never had this issue since I keep everything on my key).

The problem people complain for usb keys is that they’re breaking them. In years I have never broken a usb key or memory stick and I use a laptop. I hate using the side ports on my laptop so I put velcro tapes on the back lid which allows me to stick two external hard drives and a usb hub with plenty of ports, all connected via one port to my pc (I know the speed is slow between drives running the same hub but i mainly read sample from them, which is speedy enough). All neat and tidy and i have enough usb slots all the time.

Return to “AIR Music Technology”