DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Hi Moss,

The reason for the strange behavior of Script in my environment was something else entirely.

I had somehow created multiple Bitwig Extensions folders in my PC, and the reason was that your latest version of the script was not stored in the latest version of Bitwig's Extensions folder.
Probably when I uninstalled, reinstalled, or upgraded Bitwig, I created multiple Extensions folders.

In my environment, I stored the Script files in the following folders, and it worked really fine.

C:\Program Files\Bitwig Studio\3.3.3\resources\Extensions

Thank you for your activity and kind advice.
moss wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:50 pm
tmmk wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:09 am <<About the Drum tone selection>>
I have to hold down SHIFT and press the Drum Pad to select a Drum Sound.
I think I used to be able to select a tone just by pressing the Drum Pad, but I can't find the item I need to set.
Selecting a drum (without playing it) is done with Select+Pad.
To auto-select the drum channel set "Drum Sequencer -> Auto-select drum settings" to "Channel".
tmmk wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:09 am <<About the Loop Length>>
When I create a rhythm pattern with a length of 1 bar, if I select the second and subsequent bars of the pattern with the Pad, the pattern length is automatically changed from 1 bar to 2 bars.
Is it possible to fix the length of the pattern to one bar unit?
Even if I select 1 Bar in Fixed Length, it does not behave as expected...
You can always select the 2nd, 3rd, ... bars in a MIDI clip. A clip is not limited to a certain number of bars. When you create a 1 bar clip it only means that the loop is set to 1 bar. But if you go to the 2nd page it does not mean that it automatically changes the loop range. You can set the loop range in the right-bottom area. Keep the pad with the start page pressed and then press the end page to set the loop.

moss wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:39 pm
zyguli wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:10 pm Is it possible to access unmapped 3rd party device (VST) parameters ("direct parameters") with Novation ZERO SL MK2 script (DrivenByMoss 11.6.1)?
No, all my extensions use remote controls, which in my opinion is the way to go in Bitwig.
I see. Thank you for quick reply. I was wondering, because you mentioned about this feature in your Novation SL mk2 tutorial video.

zyguli wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:25 pm
moss wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:39 pm
zyguli wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:10 pm Is it possible to access unmapped 3rd party device (VST) parameters ("direct parameters") with Novation ZERO SL MK2 script (DrivenByMoss 11.6.1)?
No, all my extensions use remote controls, which in my opinion is the way to go in Bitwig.
I see. Thank you for quick reply. I was wondering, because you mentioned about this feature in your Novation SL mk2 tutorial video.
Yes, you are right. It was supported in the beginning but was just not really usable and had some serious bugs.

Where can the 'Document Settings' be found (Akai Fire 11.6.1 manual)

Sounds like it should be on the Bitwig controller page (Fire 11.6.1 script shows as using Beta API)

Thanks

guitarfrenzi wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:55 am Where can the 'Document Settings' be found (Akai Fire 11.6.1 manual)

Sounds like it should be on the Bitwig controller page (Fire 11.6.1 script shows as using Beta API)

Thanks
They are a bit hidden... Click in the right hand pane on the Studio I/O tab. At the bottom of this pane you find a section for each controller, which can be enlarged to access the document settings.

moss wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:51 am
They are a bit hidden... Click in the right hand pane on the Studio I/O tab. At the bottom of this pane you find a section for each controller, which can be enlarged to access the document settings.
Oh wow thanks...and that's where all the push1 settings went also

The chocked behavior of the Drum 64 mode (Push 1) is very precise and eliminates re-triggers, when used for synth voices...very nice.

Would it be possible to have this chocked behavior as a Global option, so we can use with all the scales and layouts?

Thanks

guitarfrenzi wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:22 am The chocked behavior of the Drum 64 mode (Push 1) is very precise and eliminates re-triggers, when used for synth voices...very nice.

Would it be possible to have this chocked behavior as a Global option, so we can use with all the scales and layouts?

Thanks
I am not aware that there would be any difference in MIDI behaviour between the Drum64 and Play modes. Could it be that you mean the behaviour of the drum machine device?

moss wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:40 am
guitarfrenzi wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:22 am The chocked behavior of the Drum 64 mode (Push 1) is very precise and eliminates re-triggers, when used for synth voices...very nice.

Thanks
I am not aware that there would be any difference in MIDI behaviour between the Drum64 and Play modes. Could it be that you mean the behaviour of the drum machine device?
Yes your right, was just the combo of fixed velocity and a particularly tight mono patch.

Thanks

Hi,

Using Bitwig Studio 3.3.3, Launchpad Pro MK3, and DBM 11.6.1 -

Q1. Is there a way to 'Stop All Clips'? (in Session mode)

Obviously the transport arrow can stop the transport, at which point all clip audio will (temporarily) cease. However, all the clips that were playing are still green-arrow enabled and will resume audio if the transport is re-engaged.

If it were a Launchpad Pro (prior model) then pressing the Stop Clip button would turn the bottom row red and then pressing the Scene Arrow for that row would stop all the clips.

That physical arrangement is not available on the MK3, but the need to stop all clips remains!

So, can it currently be done? (I did try to find info in the docs, but to no avail.)

If so how?

--

If not, could we perhaps discuss a logical way to make this possible?

Thanks!

sj1 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:44 pm Using Bitwig Studio 3.3.3, Launchpad Pro MK3, and DBM 11.6.1 -

In the Shift mode, the red button in the lower right corner stops the playback of all clips.

moss wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:30 am
sj1 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:44 pm Using Bitwig Studio 3.3.3, Launchpad Pro MK3, and DBM 11.6.1 -

In the Shift mode, the red button in the lower right corner stops the playback of all clips.
Got it. Excellent. Thanks!

Hi.

Can anyone tell me if the Auto Color script is still usable in modern Bitwig? (3.3.3)

If not, has something else superseded it to do the same or similar?

sj1 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:09 pm Hi.

Can anyone tell me if the Auto Color script is still usable in modern Bitwig? (3.3.3)

If not, has something else superseded it to do the same or similar?
It is part of DrivenByMoss and should work fine. If not, please report.

I have installed DrivenByMoss 11.6.1.

Where is the interface for Auto Color found? (The 3 sentences offered in the manual were not quite enough of a clue for me!)

Return to “Controller Scripting”