what happened to 'broken drum machine'? More MP3s

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

that's a nice little groovy tune mate, <grin>

really like it, of course of the sounds but for the minimal evolution too

liqih wrote:we will add cracks and diffeernt knobs, but the layout so far is this, this is the skin mock-up, feel free to critic anything

http://www.dashsignature.com/BDM/bdm++.jpg
Looks nice and pretty easy to understand and use, good job here 8)

Regarding the sequencer, I kinda "voted" for it, but after looking at the skin mock-up and playing with the alpha a bit more I think I'll reconsider... I'd definitely trade the seq for some more actual dsp i.e. most of the ways you can make a seq malfunction involve randomisation, misfirings, etc all of which is rather easy to do externally with host sequencing and/or midi plugins... but on the other hand the vcos sound too good to be so simple :) (I'd love one or two more parameters per-vco to increase the range of possible timbres/variations) and the malfunction possibilities soundwise are also big enough to merit some detailed per-vco "errors" as well... I don't know, perhaps I'm alone on this and the seq is the way to go for most people...
The mind boggles.

very interesting view, let's hear what the others say
Last edited by liqih on Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

liqih wrote:layering with the vcos yes, "user samples" not so far, "sample manipulation"
not separate from the chaos functions which will affect each voice separately,

basically in the first release the PCM will be only a transients enhancement
using samples layered with the VCOs

Oh I noticed that you edited this comment... makes a lot of sense, now I don't see the urge to support user samples either (although it would be nice in the future) and I clearly see the function of pcm in the gui mockup. Maybe an independent pitch control for the pcm waves would be nice, but that's about it ;)
The mind boggles.

A very NUSofting GUI, which is a good thing. Unique and easy on the eyes.

btw, blortblort, nice demo.

bobsled wrote:A very NUSofting GUI, which is a good thing. Unique and easy on the eyes.

btw, blortblort, nice demo.
thanks, bobsled and liqih!
ya know- I wouldn't be opposed to more ways to mangle the brokeness as a sound generator. Now that I've had my mits on this, I don't think that it's really necessary to complicate it with a broken sequencer as well... but as I say- more ways to mangle, the merrier :hihi:

Excellent, I've been waiting for news on this one for a long time! The alpha is already making some interesting / different sounds to anything else in my drum arsenal, I'll be following this one!

vom wrote:Excellent, I've been waiting for news on this one for a long time! The alpha is already making some interesting / different sounds to anything else in my drum arsenal, I'll be following this one!
thanks vom!

I'm thrilled for BDM!! As far as the GUI, I definitely think a few 'replacement' and 'missing' knobs are in order!
Vst's are the glue for my musical monster model. Nuendo is my huff bag.
http://www.myspace.com/thetechnicoloreds
Organs, lots of organs:
http://organpron.wordpress.com/

" 'replacement' and 'missing' knobs ", I like that. Enhances the broken image but wouldn't confuse the user. 8)

what about broken "easter eggs"? (sorry I couldn't resist)

----

Thanks for the feedback MarsHottentot

----

I dig the mismatch knobs idea as well 8)

@ MarsHottentot- that's a great sig :tu: :lol:

blortblort wrote:I dig the mismatch knobs idea as well 8)

@ MarsHottentot- that's a great sig :tu: :lol:
Mismatched knobs could be cool - would have to be optional I think (maybe swappable knobs like on EVE 2?).

What broken features do you think of? I would like to see ultra crude pitch-shifting like on a bent circuit.

"Ultra Crude" as a quality setting for pitch-shift, etc., does seem appropriate. More control over the brokenness, yes?

Return to “NUSofting”