Question about presets on tubilesax 1.2 (resolved)

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

even when using instruments own built in preset loader..

some examples:

"vibrato flute" preset loads tenor sax instrument LOL
"flute" does the same
"leslie sax" preset loads flute!!!!

We are sorry for the problems, but is this the FULL version presets you are talking about? Cause the DEMO only shipps with ONE SoundSet (Alto Sax 1) and will use on ALL presets.

Otherwise I have no idea on what's going on.

Does this happen even when adding a NEW instance to a NEW song?

Regards, WilliamK

Wm. ...

all my pre-sets are working fine ...
( v 1.2 )

What I could think is something related to the beta version versus the full version? Or even the demo version messed up the presets, altought it doesn't allow users to save preset. ;)

Please, let me know from above. If the problem happens on LOAD songs or also on NEW songs adding a NEW instance. Otherwise I don't know where to look. ;)

Regards, WilliamK

full version 1.2..

there are 24 presets, some presets choose the wrong soundset, i.e. it doesn't match the name of the preset, as i explained in my first post.

logic 5.51, empty song, 1 instance of tubile sax lite.

and please, i am not a child, don't go changing my message name to something YOU like, or i won't be posting again, not that anyone would care lol

Hello, I sent a PM to you, let's see if we can track the problem down. ;)

About the subject change, sorry about that, I was just trying to make a more "usuable" subject. 8)

Regards, WilliamK

well, I just tested in chainer, exactly the same thing..

i loaded chainer STANDALONE, inserted tubile sax 1.2 on first insert, went to bottom corner of tubile sax, clicked left mouse button, went to the preset menu, chose "vibrato flute" preset, and it loaded "alto sax" soundset. i then went higher to the preset list, loaded "alto sax" preset, and it loaded "flute" soundset! 90% of the presets do similar problems for me...

Win2k SP4
1 gig ram
athlon 3200
nvidia 4800
echo mia

Do you have other DASHsignature FULL/DEMO products to test?

Wk

normal wrote:Wm. ...

all my pre-sets are working fine ...
( v 1.2 )
really? so you load the "vibrato flute" preset, and the "flute" soundset appears?

may i ask what host, and if you are using the hosts interface to load the presets, or tubilesax's own preset loader?

WilliamK wrote:Do you have other DASHsignature FULL/DEMO products to test?

Wk
yes, ,i have them all...you'd think you'd know who i was by now, i have been a customer since day 1 :roll:

i'm on my way out now though, i will check back later

Did you by any chance renamed any FOLDER under 'Sax Data'?

Could you confirm that the 'Sax Data' shows?
  • 01-Alto Sax
  • 02-Alto Sax Velocity
  • 03-Alto Sax II
  • 04-Tenor Sax
  • 05-Flute
  • Scale
Wk

ttoz wrote:yes, ,i have them all...you'd think you'd know who i was by now, i have been a customer since day 1
Ahhh, please forgive this horrible memory of mine. :oops: Is just hard to keep track of so many names. Specially KVR nicks. ;)

Regards, WilliamK

WilliamK wrote:Did you by any chance renamed any FOLDER under 'Sax Data'?

Could you confirm that the 'Sax Data' shows?
  • 01-Alto Sax
  • 02-Alto Sax Velocity
  • 03-Alto Sax II
  • 04-Tenor Sax
  • 05-Flute
  • Scale
Wk
i have renamed nothing. that folder is in the same folder as the tubile sax dll..all the list you have said is in there..i can load any of the sounds with no problem..when i choose for example, ,the "vibrato flute" preset, i just go to the soundset loader and choose "flute" manually, ,and it works fine.
maybe no one is understanding what is going on...

EDIT: guess what, i think i know what's going on..I just tested in EnergyXT, and had the same problem. Both times I had the directories pointing to where tubilesax is installed in the logic vst folder...
BUT, i copied the dll and sax data to a folder much higher up the directory tree, to c:/programfiles/tubile sax, and pointed chainer and energy Xt there, and guess what? they work fine now..so there is a bug if the directory is too deep obviously, something like that, which makes it a problem for logic becasue logic vst plugins HAVE to be in the emagic vst folder

Ohhhhhh, good to know, I will dig into this. I will create a super deep directory here and do some tests. But yes, there IS a limitation on the code, I think is 255 characters for the WHOLE directory. But I will do some tests here and see if 1024 fixes the problem. :wink:

Thanxs for helping me out, and you sure did. Now I know WHERE the problem is, and that's important. :P

Best Regards, WilliamK

ttoz wrote:EDIT: guess what, i think i know what's going on..I just tested in EnergyXT, and had the same problem. Both times I had the directories pointing to where tubilesax is installed in the logic vst folder...
BUT, i copied the dll and sax data to a folder much higher up the directory tree, to c:/programfiles/tubile sax, and pointed chainer and energy Xt there, and guess what? they work fine now..so there is a bug if the directory is too deep obviously, something like that, which makes it a problem for logic becasue logic vst plugins HAVE to be in the emagic vst folder
That´s strange, I don´t have this problem. I too have the dll and the sax data in the Logic VSTplugin folder in 2 additional subfolders. Using TLS in Chainer the presets are loaded correctly.
Andreas (I presume my forefathers were apes)

Image Listen to some Monkey-Music

Return to “NUSofting”