ComboSister MAC Beta-Testing.

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello guys. We are looking for serious users with MAC OSX (NOT OS9) to beta-test ComboSister for MAC.

The GROUP for this Beta-Testing is CLOSED. Thank you.

We won't select ALL users who emailed us, only a few.

For more information about ComboSister CLICK HERE

Best Regards, WilliamK and Luigi Felici (Liqih)
Last edited by WilliamK on Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

okay ... first of thanks william and liqih for letting me test it a bit. :)

i own the b4 from NI, i tried Emagic´s organ ...
Now to ComboSister:

wow! It has a diffrent character, and it´s one i really appreciate.
I hangled myself through the presets and like many of them.
Some are absolutely for my taste, as they have this 60´s/70´s sound ...
And with Vintagewarmer on it ... voila!

Installing was easy, and via vst-au adapter it seems to wokr properly.

okay ... i´ll report again. :)

putte

the editing is good as well ... and hey - it can sound warm! :oops:

really: many many good and usuable presets already ... keep up the good work!

putte

:o ... omg, how many presets are there?! cool.

one thing: Could you add a "next preset/previous preset"-button?

putte

Putte, we are also glad to have you on board testing the synth! :D

About the Next/Prev for Presets, we don't really see a point, since most Hosts allready have that, specially CubaseSX. ;)

I'm glad that it is working good so far.

Could you confirm that this FIRST BETA of the DEMO version expires after playing 30 minutes (IDLE mode doesn't count on the time) and that it shows DEMO on the SerialNumber, and finally, that it doesn't save PRESETS?

Regards, WilliamK

he doesnt use SX though.

he uses Lap6 on a Mac as do maybe 90% of mac users.
WilliamK wrote:About the Next/Prev for Presets, we don't really see a point, since most Hosts allready have that, specially CubaseSX. ;)

Oh, thanxs for the info. :P How is the preset-manager like on Lap6?

Regards, WilliamK

last time I looked at logic (5 something) crap.

silly pull down menus and no apparent right/left button.

WilliamK wrote:Oh, thanxs for the info. :P How is the preset-manager like on Lap6?

Regards, WilliamK
Last edited by topaz on Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hi. :o
I'm the mac guy, so i'm glad to hear things are working so far 8)
it's also great to hear that it's working with the vst-au adapter. porting to AU can be a pain, and takes time, so if i dont' have to then it works out nicely. keep the comments coming.

LeeHurley wrote:it's also great to hear that it's working with the vst-au adapter. porting to AU can be a pain, and takes time, so if i dont' have to then it works out nicely. keep the comments coming.
The AU adapter is a workaround. Please don't use that as an excuse for not developing an AU version. Loading/saving presets is very inconsistent with the adapter. A big pain, if you ask me.

V.

We have to go slowly on this. AU is a pain to develope. So for now we have to stick with VST format only. Well, our company is VST based anyway. ;)

Regards, WilliamK

:o

I know you addressed this earlier, but:

PLEASE oh please develop OS9 versions of your plugins, too! I promise to buy them...

Sincerely,

AK toppa, G3/450 user too broke to buy a new Mac...
:cry:
AK's toon-age: http://my_poems.hihome.com

i haven't tested it with an au adapter so i haven't experienced annoyances first hand. but i'll have access to dp4 within a week or so, and then i'll be able to see. don't get me wrong though, i'd still like to develop au versions, because it's a very fast and nice format. but it will definitely take a little time to get that going. i'm just glad that it works at all with the adapter because i know some plugins just crash. 8)
i'd like to build a full featured menu into the plugins eventually though because i personally don't like loading/saving banks through a host anyways, since if you go from one to another the format changes, and then you can't load them in.
toppa: i'm still considering doing an os9 version. some of my code is osx specific, which is why it isn't done yet. and to do some of the same stuff in os9 takes a lot of workarounds. i wish g3's ran osx nicely, otherwise there wouldn't be the os9/osx problem much anymore.

WilliamK wrote:Oh, thanxs for the info. :P How is the preset-manager like on Lap6?
This is the obvious answer:
topaz wrote:last time I looked at logic (5 something) crap.

silly pull down menus and no apparent right/left button.
Fortunately you can do slightly better: in Logic almost everything is a key command, meaning it can be bound to a key, even if by default it is not.

So you can set up "next preset" to Shift-right-arrow, or something like that.

TennesseeVic wrote:So you can set up "next preset" to Shift-right-arrow, or something like that.
i think you mean "settings" ... no?
IF you mean settings this would be something else ... it would be saved settings of a plugin, but not the presets of the plug itself.

william: yes, it says "demo", and yes: saving presets doesnt work.

putte

Return to “NUSofting”