daAlfa2K & Cakewalk Home Studio 2004 not cooperating.

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I tried playing around with daAlfa2K last night, and for whatever reason, I couldn't get it to play. As soon as I played a note on my MIDI keyboard, Cakewalk stopped the audio. When I got the audio running again, I would play another note, and boom, down goes the audio again.

I tested my other synths to make sure this wasn't a trend. It wasn't. The only synth that wouldn't play was daAlfa2K. Latency wasn't an issue, either -- everything else played just fine at my current setting (20ms), while daAlfa refused to play at any setting. This happened with versions 2.1 and 2.16.

Here's my setup:

Shuttle SN41G2 case/motherboard
Athlon XP 1800+
512MB DDR333 RAM
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 40GB hard drive
nVidia nForce2 audio (WDM driver v2.45)
Cakewalk Home Studio 2004
Directixer

Any suggestions?

-David, who's already used this one and would like to again.
DAVE'S LOUNGE
Podcasting the best in chillout, trip hop and downtempo music on the internet.
www.daveslounge.com

Hello, this is new to us, since we never tested on such program. Are you using a VST to DX adaptor or Cake-2004 has a VST loader now?

Also, are you using the LATEST daAlfa2k version?

We will deal this over, I just need to download the demo version to test it out.

Best Regards, WilliamK

WilliamK wrote:Hello, this is new to us, since we never tested on such program. Are you using a VST to DX adaptor or Cake-2004 has a VST loader now?
I'm using Directixer as my VST-to-DX adapter.
Also, are you using the LATEST daAlfa2k version?
Yes. I was using 2.1, but I installed 2.16 on top of it, and the problem didn't go away.

If it helps at all, I had no trouble with this synth when playing it in Home Studio 2002. On the other hand, I was using a different PC with an SB Live in it. I don't suspect this is a driver issue, but I'm not ruling that out.

-David, wishing nVidia would get its act together with nForce2 audio.
DAVE'S LOUNGE
www.daveslounge.com

Actually I contacted the Directixer author and he says that there is a problem on his program with our VSTs. He was suposed to release an update allready, I don't know if he did. Could you check his site to see if you got the latest version of Directixer and test it again please? ;)

I tested here with Sonar 2.2 and VST-Adaptor and works without problems.

Best Regards, WilliamK

The latest version of Directixer is 2.4. That's the version I've got. Which VST Adapter are you using to test?

-David
DAVE'S LOUNGE
www.daveslounge.com

I'm using VST-DX adaptor that comes with Sonar 2.2 demo version. Is really strange this, we may need to talk with the Directixer author about this problems, since on all VST hosts tested so far there is no such problem. ;)

WilliamK

I just contacted Directixer author to see if we can work togueter on a solution.

Regards, WilliamK

Good news, the Author of Directixer, Kirill, just got back to me. He will help me out to find out what's going wrong. If is my code or his. So he can update on this weeks release. ;)

BTW: He is a really nice guy, great support! :D

Best Regards, WilliamK

Cool. Thanks for the updates. Let me know if you guys make any progress.

-David, who likes this kind of support. 8)
DAVE'S LOUNGE
www.daveslounge.com

just a note William... glad to hear you are in touch with Big K Krill of DirectiXer..... yes, he is really a great guy and you will find him super helpful I think when it comes to details in coding.... He seems to have worked through most problem vst wrapping over the years and should have a solution for you pretty fast.... no matter if it's his or yours.

happy to hear you guys are in contact and hope you will stay in close touch... Though I have nothing against the fxpansion wrapper, which is essentially what the Cakewalk wrapper is, I much prefer the clean and unobtrusive workings of DirectiXer... not to mention the fast response time Big K usually has to dealing with new problems. :)

Any word yet?

-David, :?:
DAVE'S LOUNGE
www.daveslounge.com

Hy, yes, I'm testing the new Beta for the new DirectiXer version. So far on my machine it still won't work, but at the Author machine is working. So I told him what I'm doing and what are my SPECS. We hope to solve the problem soon, but may take more time, since this is not a full-time-job for the Author of DirectiXer, wich is sad.

Wk

PROBLEM SOLVED

Thanxs to the help of Kirill (DirectiXer Author) I found the problem here. I'll test it better today and send you a BETA version just to be sure is working properly.

Best Regards, WilliamK

Return to “NUSofting”