Wich logo is the best for EVE?

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[edit] Thank you for all the oppinions and sugestions, we will post soon the new display and logo for EVE.

Best Regards, WilliamK
Last edited by WilliamK on Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Although... that last posted one is better.
Karel Bassez
Software Engineer
Vienna Symphonic Library GmbH

I would like three the best if "eve" had the dark outline (so it's easier to read) and "electronic vintage ensembe" did NOT have the outline (so it's easier to read.)

It's hard to tell, though, if these are low-quality images.

Hey William, I'm sorry but I actually like Opiadream's logo the best. I love my Combosister to death, and when I get more steady cash coming in the Tublisax pro version (if ya throw in a nice barritone sax :wink: oh! and how about a french horn/flugel horn too :wink: :wink: ) and possibly Eve will be the among the next plugs I purchase. But I have to say I'm not a fan of the stock Dash GUI's with the Combosister GUI being the exception to this rule. They usually just look to soft and grainy and not as dynamic and 3D as I think I've come to expect in some certain way (I also think this is reflected in the differences between Opiadreams logo and the choices above). Of course it's the sound that counts, and no matter how much a GUI may not do it for me on an aesthetic level, if it's functional and the plug-in sounds good, that's all I care about. But to be completely honest I'd like to see some nicer looking GUI's out of Dash-Synthesis products. I hope you guys just take this as some friendly constructive criticism, and not as some sort of an attack, because I'm saying this cause I think you guys make some kick ass VSTi's. Now gimmie Combosister 2 to play with :) .
I'm sorry this post wasn't about techno.

I like #2 "eve" part with #3 "electronic vintage ensemble" part.. so a combination of the two :)

i also like opiadream's logo.. i'd like the eve part slightly brighter though.. imo.

I vote for the opiadream

:)

none of the above :(

sorry

too soft, no real sense of composition, it even looks as if you've stretched the typeface (a no-no if you want professional looking graphics)

consider also the proportions and relations between the edges of the box and the letters. some designers can make a tight, harmonic structure without even knowing how they do it. others have to work hard

there's a playfulness to the e-v-e that could be the starting point of something good, but right now they (1 & 2) look completely unbalanced

first of all: get rid of all the phoney shading, and start from square one with composition. perhaps if you get a good result you'll find it looks better without the sugar glazing

i didn't really want to voute, because in all honestly there was not one i actually LIKED, but out of the 4, the third one

sorry
shouldn't have stepped on toes like that i guess
but i think everyone else is seeing the same thing I'm seeing
just in general the size and shape of the fonts you used just seem out of place in that space thats available
the thing that probably looks better about the one I did is the font doesn't look squashed into the center.the first 2 beg for something to fill in the space on either side
even if there was some little design to the left or right and then letters it would look better.

ok you made me cry, <grin>

before I reply to your comments, let me state that I do appreciate them,
even though I have critics. So I thank you all.

Also I tell that the first logo for Eve I did was like the #1 but with no shadow for the blue EVE,
the idea was to make the cheap printing on convex plastic surface as I saw on some old keyboard,
then I added the shadow since someone told me that was too flat.

opiadream:
thanks for you sample, but I don't like those fonts, look like a modern celtic style,
and I don't like any celtic font, except that in video game,
I like celtic knots though.

A personal taste I guess, just like some people love Liberty and Art Deco, others hate that.

AntiPro:
ok You don't like any of them, I get it <grin>.

pough:
do you wanna read better "eve"?, I thought you already knew the name of the synth, (sorry mate I couldn't resist <grin>)

Funkybot:
glad you like Combo Sister GUI, I take seriously you critic "soft and grainy" for the other GUIs, thanks

VitaminD:
point taken, thanks

metalsvinet:
about "real sense of composition" I'd like to see with some examples what you really mean, I remember you had personal problem with the word "ethnic", so I would make sure that we mean the same.
Also the whole logo should be seen in the GUI context.

about stretched shapes, being a logo I don't see the reason to fullfill any rule,
as long as it satisfies my aesthetic taste. I love cubism and early surrealism
where stretched shapes are very common.

opiadream again:
no problem at all, I see your sense of visual space, I can try to change proportions to see if we both could be satisfied, but as I said in the context
of the GUI
Last edited by liqih on Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hey Liqih,

I'd simplify it.

Dunno who told you it was "too flat", but that's not always a bad thing...

Waddabout something like this?

Just a thought...

Cheers,

[/b]
My signature kicks your signature's ass.

I like that! thanks brittnell,

maybe be a tad too modern for the rest of the GUI, I'll try to place on it,

which fonts are for "eve"?

I must say, I really like brittnell's logo. It is clean and effective. Thank you liqih for abhorring the celtic fonts. opiadream did a great job but not my thing (like it matters :) I should have prefaced this by mentioning that absolutely nothing qualifies me to respond to this thread other than your generous request and a crappy 56k modem)
..what goes around comes around..

Hey Liqih,

Cool.

The font for "eve" is Haettenschweiler (.ttf version), and the one for "electronic vintage ensemble" is xpdr04.

Here's a zipped version of my .psd file if you want to check it out at all.

Cheers,

[/b]
My signature kicks your signature's ass.

liqih wrote: metalsvinet:
about "real sense of composition" I'd like to see with some examples what you really mean, I remember you had personal problem with the word "ethnic", so I would make sure that we mean the same.
Also the whole logo should be seen in the GUI context.
glad you asked!

when you place an element (i.e. text) in relation to another (i.e. border/box) you need to look at how the empty spaces are balanced, too. some people call this balancing positive and negative space (try a web search for composition + negative space)

about "ethnic" (="pertaining to race"): i'm sorry if i gave the impression that i had a problem with that word. of course what i meant was that i disagree with the way you use it :P

Return to “NUSofting”