Would you like to have a 3D Spectrum Analyzer like this? Free Download

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks mike, pwal, Optomadic!
geroyannis wrote:Thanks but no. This is way too beautiful, it's distracting me and I just want to stare at the waterfall. I imagine with the right substances it can be really trippy.
LOL, yes I agree, <wink>

liqih wrote:(Mac is no problem for this since I use a cross-platform C++ libraray)
I'd like to peep that cpp :D
stay juicy!

liqih wrote:
eduardo_b wrote:
bduffy wrote:Whoa. Now there's an analyzer I would pay for! :shock:

Yes, please. (Especially if you make a Mac version.) :D
He means especially PC version, and then, when you have time, a Mac version. Remember, he speaks Canadian. :hihi:
Amazing, you learn a thing every minute on KVR, now I know that in Canadian Mac means PC, <grin>
Giving him a bad time. He switched from PC to Mac last year. And he is Canadian. Too good to pass up. :hihi:
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

zerocrossing wrote:What does that remind me of... oh yeah!
I remember seeing this graphic on the back of a Laurie Anderson album and thinking, "Wow, will I ever be able to get something that does that?"
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

stay juicy!

yes I use this http://soundlab.cs.princeton.edu/software/sndpeek,

what you want to know? about bins, sc, lib and dll..

zerocrossing wrote:I remember seeing this graphic on the back of a Laurie Anderson album and thinking, "Wow, will I ever be able to get something that does that?"
yeah still in the eighties that was pure sci-fi to my eyes

__3D_Audio_Analyzer__ is coming to your home soon, Freeware release!

Stay tuned

liqih wrote:__3D_Audio_Analyzer__ is coming to your home soon, Freeware release!

Stay tuned
Great, thanks!

So here is a beta for PC and Mac if you want to try it, DLL for PC, PKG for Mac,
http://liqihsynth.com/nusofting/zip/__3 ... yzer__.zip
Use "save as..." And if you see another __3D_Audio_Analyzer__ inside the zip, unzip that as well.
Warning: this is not the release build yet.

Known issues:

1) the Mac versions has a limited Hz range about 40 to 12000 Hz
2) the Win VST freezes when you close the plugin GUI, but for less than 2 seconds, no worries

Please reports other bugs if any.

Cheers
Last edited by liqih on Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

exactly...almost, fairlight screen was indeed an inspiration for the vintage display mode
I keep seeing the same pics of the Fairlight where people refer to spectral interpolation or additive synthesis, but all I ever found were descriptions saying that those are just interpolated -waveforms- (cycles), in the time domain, nothing spectral at all (plus on the pic it wouldn't even make sense & sound pretty bad if it was an unweighted spectral EQ view)

I've found descriptions roughly telling about the Fairlight's additive synthesis caps, but does anyone know a similar view of it that's really showing spectral morphing?
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

tony tony chopper wrote:
exactly...almost, fairlight screen was indeed an inspiration for the vintage display mode
I keep seeing the same pics of the Fairlight where people refer to spectral interpolation or additive synthesis, but all I ever found were descriptions saying that those are just interpolated -waveforms- (cycles), in the time domain, nothing spectral at all (plus on the pic it wouldn't even make sense & sound pretty bad if it was an unweighted spectral EQ view)

I've found descriptions roughly telling about the Fairlight's additive synthesis caps, but does anyone know a similar view of it that's really showing spectral morphing?
Ah, honestly I never used a Fairlight and it could really be as you say that those are "interpolated -waveforms- (cycles"

anyway as for the inspiration goes, I meant the old skool axonometric grid look, or fake 3D if you like,
but no Fairlight functions emulation in my plugin.

Page D is the WAVEFORM DISPLAY that most people were photographed with (you know, the pictures of mountains). It is a very useful aid to getting sampled voices tuned, as it displays the whole waveform memory in one go. If the display looks 'pretty' it is a good bet that all is well, while jumbled or confused waveform dumps show that the sampling rate was wrong or that clipping took place.
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr99/a ... rlight.htm

unknown pleasure or joy ?

Return to “NUSofting”