CA 2600 line exp envelopes no difference

Official support for: cherryaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Examples show an attack of 1000ms , 2000 ms decay ( no sustain , no release )
Amp is controlled by adsr set to linear , then exponential .
Same thing for AD envelope , 1000ms , 2000ms decay ( no hold time ) , linear then exponential
There is no difference in the amp contour
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I think it would be best to report your findings directly to Cherry Audio:
https://cherryaudio.kayako.com/
You can "Start a conversation" there and upload files.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I already did that
Eyeball exchanging

DarkStar wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:45 pm I think it would be best to report your findings directly to Cherry Audio:
Warning: I know I'm going to ramble here... As long as it is civil and fair, I think it is good to post these questions in a public forum. I made the impulse purchase of CA2600, but I felt a little uncomfortable about the claims ("Every aspect of the original, from the quirky oscillator waves, to the powerful ladder filter, to the external audio input and preamp section was modeled with tremendous precision.... we believe you’ll find CA2600 to be the finest 2600 emulation ever created") with the dirt cheap price. They seem to be saying this is the same quality as something like u-he Repro for 1/6 the price. I don't want a race to the bottom like the prices on iOS - I don't think it would be worth it for companies like u-he and Synapse to keep creating complex instruments. The Roland Cloud JUNO-106 sounds much richer and fuller (more analog?) to me than DCO-106... feels like they did cut corners on the DCO-106. I'm liking CA2600 more, but I'm very interested to see smarter people pulling it apart and asking questions. I do hear unpleasant harmonics on high notes with many presets - is that aliasing I'm hearing, or how an actual 2600 sounds? I can't seem to get those weird harmonics on Repro-1 for example, but it is emulating a very different synth.

iOS app prices aren't a "race to the bottom". It's simply another market, which doesn't justify such high prices, and sells many more apps than the desktop app market.

And, Cherry Audio is entitled to ask whatever they want for their software.

abernathy wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:15 pmThey seem to be saying this is the same quality as something like u-he Repro for 1/6 the price.
unfortunately, they can't seem to back up the sales spiel

abernathy wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:15 pm
DarkStar wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:45 pm I think it would be best to report your findings directly to Cherry Audio:
Warning: I know I'm going to ramble here... As long as it is civil and fair, I think it is good to post these questions in a public forum. I made the impulse purchase of CA2600, but I felt a little uncomfortable about the claims ("Every aspect of the original, from the quirky oscillator waves, to the powerful ladder filter, to the external audio input and preamp section was modeled with tremendous precision.... we believe you’ll find CA2600 to be the finest 2600 emulation ever created") with the dirt cheap price. They seem to be saying this is the same quality as something like u-he Repro for 1/6 the price. I don't want a race to the bottom like the prices on iOS - I don't think it would be worth it for companies like u-he and Synapse to keep creating complex instruments. The Roland Cloud JUNO-106 sounds much richer and fuller (more analog?) to me than DCO-106... feels like they did cut corners on the DCO-106. I'm liking CA2600 more, but I'm very interested to see smarter people pulling it apart and asking questions. I do hear unpleasant harmonics on high notes with many presets - is that aliasing I'm hearing, or how an actual 2600 sounds? I can't seem to get those weird harmonics on Repro-1 for example, but it is emulating a very different synth.
Yep , that's aliasing you hear
I 've compared CA 2600 to gforce oddity both with pretty wild modulation going one , osc sync and fm , CA 2600 just falls apart like a pudding , no character at all ( unless you call aliasing character :)
For me it was an impulse buy too , fixing huge bugs ( the initial filter was a joke ) , no quality control , I have lost hope they will ever improve the underlying engine , let alone actually model the different components ( please don't reply with promo gibberish ) .
They give modelling a bad name, while companies like u-he , synapse , cytomic t actually deliver the goods . :tu:
Why 25 bucks ?
Simple , because they know a lot of people will fall for the marketing hype and they will sell shitloads of them , I also fell for it becasue I gave them the benefit of the doubt
Modelling ..the arp 2600 , no effing way :lol:
It's just an average sounding plugin with a great signal flow , thanks to Alan R. Pearlman
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:18 pm I already did that
From my experience they are not very responsive unfortunately compared to other developers. They have a great product (I don't think it sounds bad, it sound really nice in general) but the seemingly :?: lack of interest in problems makes it difficult for me to become a real fan of their products. Maybe they are readying everything and improve things without saying, no idea. But you're not alone. :phones:

Return to “Cherry Audio”