Kurt Cobain Guitar sale breaks records

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:11 pm
Robmobius wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:09 pm
hivkorn wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:06 pm ho boy ! you re the winner lol cretin
You command of English in excellent. A bit like your arguments. :tu:

you win that round clearly...
Like I said...
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:18 pm
revvy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:15 pm
Robmobius wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:13 pm
revvy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:10 pm
You command of English in excellent. A bit like you're arguments. :tu:
:arrow:

Double bluff? Not sure if serious.
Now u talkin' bruh.
That's why you corrected one of the mistakes afterwards in frantic edit lol.

How many foreign languages do you speak BTW?
Lots.
Quoting a supposed wordsmith in your sig just makes your own output seem even weaker.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

donkey tugger wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:12 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:01 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:52 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:49 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:45 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:36 pm

Yeah. The discussion was about whether or not someone has to go on doing what he does, even though he hates it, and it leads to worsening the personal situation. Which he always had the chance to (giving it up). And, let's face it, it's very difficult to figure out what he could do or not, or what he wanted, or what led to his personal issues, which resulted in his suicide. Claiming it was the evil industry just won't cut it.
Depression doesn't offer you the clarity of thought to perceive that anything can get better; there seem no actions which will improve anything, and you blame yourself for it all.
You don't say. :ud:

Been having this experience for most of my life, so, no news really.

Actually, that's what I mean. He's not entitled, he's not exclusive, and he's had all the chances to get help or stop what he's doing. He didn't. So, there's no point in making him the victim of circumstances.
Then you'll be aware that the illness can render you incapable of making even the most seemingly simple of decisions.
That's all fine, but, again, it is not the point. The point was that he was made some kind of martyr who suffered from being forced to make music. That's not what he is. Just a sick person who comitted suicide because he had personal issues.

Or should I blame everyone around me now for my problems?
It's actually exactly the point. You were bemoaning that he hadn't sought to distance himself from his lifestyle and music career.. I pointed out that his illness in all probability negated those choices as an option for him. My only reference to anyone else was that someone must surely have had a duty of care to him.
What about his duty, towards the people who knew him? You argue like he was some kind of baby who couldn't take care of anything concerning him.

Well, if I think about it, AFAIC, that's not far from the truth...

Anyway, regardless of all that, I think I said what I wanted to say. That I don't have any compassion for the guy.
Last edited by chk071 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:36 pm

Yeah. The discussion was about whether or not someone has to go on doing what he does, even though he hates it, and it leads to worsening the personal situation. Which he always had the chance to (giving it up). And, let's face it, it's very difficult to figure out what he could do or not, or what he wanted, or what led to his personal issues, which resulted in his suicide. Claiming it was the evil industry just won't cut it.
Depression doesn't offer you the clarity of thought to perceive that anything can get better; there seem no actions which will improve anything, and you blame yourself for it all.

Actually, that's what I mean. He's not entitled, he's not exclusive, and he's had all the chances to get help or stop what he's doing. He didn't. So, there's no point in making him the victim of circumstances.
Then you'll be aware that the illness can render you incapable of making even the most seemingly simple of decisions.
That's all fine, but, again, it is not the point. The point was that he was made some kind of martyr who suffered from being forced to make music. That's not what he is. Just a sick person who comitted suicide because he had personal issues.

It's actually exactly the point. You were bemoaning that he hadn't sought to distance himself from his lifestyle and music career.. I pointed out that his illness in all probability negated those choices as an option for him. My only reference to anyone else was that someone must surely have had a duty of care to him.
indeed, where was his manager?
he had just come out of a very expensive to the label rehab, might have been a good idea to meet him off the plane, not for suicide but maybe to stop him scoring smack.

but, theyre worth as much dead as qlive, and wont cost more in rehab and such in the future...

Robmobius wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:15 pm
hivkorn wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:10 pm
yeap love u daddy

lhuves yhuh thoo. :party: :hug:
time to back to real life, you can think whatever you want but i think if you want to be nice with other people you ll better keep your mouth closed.see you in other thread ;)

chk071 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:22 pm

What about his duty, towards the people who knew him? You argue like he was some kind of baby who couldn't take care of anything concerning him.

Well, if I think about it, AFAIC, that's not far from the truth...

Anyway, regardless of all that, I think I said what I wanted to say. That I don't have any compassion for the guy.
well he was sick, are you going to moan at cancer patients who cant look after their kids?

revvy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:21 pm
Robmobius wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:18 pm
revvy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:15 pm
revvy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:10 pm
You command of English in excellent. A bit like you're arguments. :tu:
:arrow:

Double bluff? Not sure if serious.
Now u talkin' bruh.
That's why you corrected one of the mistakes afterwards in frantic edit lol.

How many foreign languages do you speak BTW?
Lots.
Quoting a supposed wordsmith in your sig just makes your own output seem even weaker.
Nice try... But I'm only interested in atheism not the English language. It's not even my primary tongue.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

hivkorn wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:24 pm time to back to real life, you can think whatever you want but i think if you want to be nice with other people you ll better keep your mouth closed.see you in other thread ;)
Bye! And don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. :hug: :party:

ooooooch !

is leadbellys guitar still for sale?
now that id buy 8)

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:30 pm is leadbellys guitar still for sale?
now that id buy 8)

Dunno, but I'll do you the Shitenbacker for £1000.

Robmobius >> mister popular needs to learn how to be a human being and stop pigeonhole people who have problems with life. So what kurt had drug problems . Did you ever hear of depeche mode? Even Dave gahn had a heroin problem

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:10 pm
Robmobius wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:05 pm . Doesn't mean you have to be a bastard along the way.
nope.

what is it thats made you one? ;)
Truth hurtz! :)

So all kinds of people have said hurtful true things to you, and that made you a bastard?

If this is a cry for help, its badly timed.

:shrug:

herodotus wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:38 pm If this is a cry for help, its badly timed.
I'd love some help!! But that can wait for now. :D

I'm sorry, but I just don't have a hard on for that little junkie for reasons given.

donkey tugger wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:32 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:30 pm is leadbellys guitar still for sale?
now that id buy 8)

Dunno, but I'll do you the Shitenbacker for £1000.
not bad.
you could add a few more zeroes if you killed someone or die of syphilis :)

Return to “Guitars”