Which one are you?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.musicradar.com/news/11-type ... -tone-snob

11 types of guitar tone snob

I was smiling away, till I got to number 9.. :scared: Variax, guitar midi controller, over the top use of effects, ebow, weird tunings, bass VI...I fear they have got me. :cry: I have never, ever played the intro to 'Jump' though. :x I think.

Guilty to number 1. The irony is that after owning Gibsons forever, I fell in love with the tone of a Chinese made Fender Strat Squire or is that Squire Strat, and no longer have any desire to own or play any other guitar; and guilty to number 5. I will always be guilty of number 5; I love and am intrigued by the science of capturing sound and the components available to achieve this.

i recnetly dreamt of a pedal rig of 50 boxes to emulate the natural sound of the acoustic guitar which was plugged in. guess i am 7 hahaha. with a touch of brandhater ^^

#10, moderately. I'm more likely to find an old Martin that will make me try to sell my soul, than for a new one.
Best electric I ever played was a '57 Strat. That was before the vintage craze hit, and the guy now slaps himself in the head every time he remembers he sold it for a grand. That was one sweet guitar, and at the time I played it, only 23 years old. Didn't need a lot of work. The only 'vintage' gear I own is a 1980 Ibanez ST-55. I'm happy enough with my modern lot, so I say 'moderately.'
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Guitars”