ARM updates galore beta round 01 revision 11152

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACE (Any Cable Everywhere) Bazille Colour Copy Diva Presswerk Repro Satin

I just realized you were talking the 5950x (desktop) and not the new AMD 5000 series laptop chips. I was thinking this was an "M1 laptop" vs. "AMD laptop" comparison. I've got a 3950x and it's handled everything I've thrown at it very well from a performance perspective, though not without some incompatibilities along the way due to things like USB drivers or PCI cards not working (UAD-2, which was fixed, firewire).

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:25 pm I just realized you were talking the 5950x (desktop) and not the new AMD 5000 series laptop chips. I was thinking this was an "M1 laptop" vs. "AMD laptop" comparison. I've got a 3950x and it's handled everything I've thrown at it very well from a performance perspective, though not without some incompatibilities along the way due to things like USB drivers or PCI cards not working (UAD-2, which was fixed, firewire).
Oh sorry about that, I was just looking to get a sense of the state of the art from both. I wanted to get an idea of when I can replace my 7980xe hacks with AS, I will likely always have both in the studio. The little 4+4 m1 puts up one hell of a fight for what it is. Excited to see what future AS looks like (and future zen).

And no doubt, windows is more tinkery than mac...better than it used to be though and generally fine once you get it up and going. Pro's and Cons to both the more closed/integrated system and the more open system.

I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but what about Twangström?

Obviously this would be low in priority, but are there plans to do an ARM version of Tyrell? I use it alongside Diva and A.C.E. I'm not on an M1 machine yet, but I want to plan ahead.
Last edited by enossified on Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're on a subliminal trip to nowhere

wvshpr wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:35 am I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but what about Twangström?
Coming up soon, as stated in the first post.

enossified wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:10 am Obviously this would be low in priority, but are there plans to do an ARM version of Tyrell?
We'll be working on this as well, but it's a more complex case as we're also changing the way we're publishing it.

@Urs

Any chance of increasing the voice limit on Diva now that computers are getting more capable? I'd love to see even 64, not too hard to get there with stacks.

RyanCo wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:26 pm @Urs

Any chance of increasing the voice limit on Diva now that computers are getting more capable? I'd love to see even 64, not too hard to get there with stacks.
64 would be beyond my comprehension, but I have been mentally toying about doubling towards 32.

I'd love to see 32 in Zebra 2 too. :)

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:51 pm I'd love to see 32 in Zebra 2 too. :)
+1

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:51 pm I'd love to see 32 in Zebra 2 too. :)
Yeah, who wouldn't, but... next time you're in Berlin I'm happy to show you the original source code and you'll immediately understand why there's a difficulty there, for more voices, for multichannel MIDI, for all such things :cry:

(there's also a reason we separated the arpeggiator from the voice logic in later synths)

I would absolutely love to see what's going on in there, ehehe. Not that I'd be able to help, but... curiosity, cat, etc. :D

would love to see 32 in Zebra 3 :D Would love to see Zebra 3 :clown:

been trying to download the betas and they keep failing...

No problems with downloading here

Return to “u-he”