suggestion: partial manipulation

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hellleutel wrote: have maybe even macros (The K5000 had some) to raise or lower: even partials, odd, octaves, high, low etc. at a time.
yeah the K5000 has those with high/low option for each, plus fifths.

re other harmonic frequencies - in cameleon you can detune partials over time (which can sound really cool), however you will soon start to require a lot of GUI space and features like you see on cameleon to do things like this. programming a K5000 is a bitch too... I think some kind of macro function like on the K5000/Cameleon where you can quickly pull up 5ths etc is cool though, or come up with some alternative cool-sounding functions.

Urs wrote:
jcsquire1 wrote:tweaking partial frequencies to intevals slighly other than integer frequency multiples would be really nice too.
Now, if Ben of CamelAudio would send me a tutorial on how to do that in realtime, I'm all for this ;)
Basically, you either have to generate a bunch of separate sine waves, in which case its easy to give them arbitrary tuning (the oscillator bank approach), or you can generate the sound using FFT - basically summing all the partials into the FFT bins, and generate sound this way. Both are fairly computationally expensive and are also pretty hard to program efficiently.
My money's still on you if you and Ben met in a dark alley...
So you're not familiar with my past as a bare knuckle fighter then :lol:

Ben

Ben [Camel Audio] wrote: So you're not familiar with my past as a bare knuckle fighter then :lol:

Ben

Just don't hurt each others hands!!! :-o

Return to “u-he”