Improvements!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Re "provide-password-again-and-again"
Tip: Don't close the final dialog box of the first update (e.g. ACE), then you won't need to enter a password for any of the others (Bazille to Zebra2).

Urs wrote:
Yes, an optional (!) download/install/licensing app is being talked about.
A big +1 from me. I think you have more than enough titles to justify developing this. A little love for the downloading process couldn’t hurt.
On a number of Macs

Urs wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:21 am Yes, an optional (!) download/install/licensing app is being talked about.
As long as its optional yeah :-)
I bought the u-he synths bundle (first cos its great) because of the cleanness of the programming, not messing with my system (im using them the portable way on windows).

I don't know if anyone has suggested this but a sampling module for Diva would be awesome or maybe a vintage sampler from U-he with analog filters with some of the trimmers from the voices from Diva to get a little bit of warmth and movement.

Lucastyle wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:59 pm I don't know if anyone has suggested this but a sampling module for Diva would be awesome or maybe a vintage sampler from U-he with analog filters with some of the trimmers from the voices from Diva to get a little bit of warmth and movement.
That comes up here and there, but Urs has been consistent in saying u-he won't be making samplers--it's just not his thing.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:46 pm
Lucastyle wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:59 pm I don't know if anyone has suggested this but a sampling module for Diva would be awesome or maybe a vintage sampler from U-he with analog filters with some of the trimmers from the voices from Diva to get a little bit of warmth and movement.
That comes up here and there, but Urs has been consistent in saying u-he won't be making samplers--it's just not his thing.
Bummer maybe a module for Diva would be cool instead of a fully fledged sampler, I hope Urs changes his mind if not at least we got the TAL sampler.

Not sure where to ask, may be here. U-he have support of plus and minus keys. When I'm clicking minus value decreases by 1, when I click shift = it increases by 0.1. Obviously = and _ don't work as shift - and +.
Murderous duck!

I've mentioned it elsewhere in dedicated threads, but since this is the "proper place" to ask, I would like to see an output trim on the Distortion module in Hive and a variable-Q for the mid-band in the EQ module too. Either or both could be accessible via the mod matrix i.e. "hidden" and or on the GUI.
Always Read the Manual!

I'd really like to see the interfaces become multi-touch compatible. There's a huge difference in how nice it is to use multi-touch compatible plugins vs. those that are not. The biggest thing actually is the fact that multi-touch plugins react right away to your finger press, whereas non-multi-touch plugins have a slight delay in response after touching a control, which makes fine adjustments very difficult. For good examples of multi-touch plugins see Sylenth1, ANA2, Arturia, TAL, Equator, IK modo.. to name a few.

I’d also like to request a Juno-106 mode for the dco oscillator. Not a separate module but maybe just a switch that changed the waveform from the Juno-60 model to the 106 for those applicable waveshapes. It has quite a different sound.

david.beholder wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:30 pm Not sure where to ask, may be here. U-he have support of plus and minus keys. When I'm clicking minus value decreases by 1, when I click shift = it increases by 0.1. Obviously = and _ don't work as shift - and +.
It works on the number block if you have that (or rather: It should work. Depends on host, I guess). On the main keyboard, the +/- keys can have different tokens underneath when using shift, and I kind of never figured out how to figure this out without building in support for hundreds of international keyboard layouts. Which seemed a bit over the top.

Urs, I have an improvement request that I hope you find worthy and useful for future updates in your plugins.

Currently it is required to press the SHIFT key to turn a knob with fine increments in U-He's plugins, which in my opinion it's a bit annoying since it requires to have both hands occupied, one in the mouse and the other in the keyboard, so you can't play while fine tweaking.

I have noticed that the middle mouse button currently has the same function as the left button. Wouldn't it be great if the fine adjustments could also be done using middle button? I mean, by clicking on the knobs with the middle button and moving the mouse.

My pet solution for the above problem: An extra knob in the control bar called "FINE" that always adjusts the most recently edited parameter.

Yes please on fine control with the mouse.

Howard wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:47 am My pet solution for the above problem: An extra knob in the control bar called "FINE" that always adjusts the most recently edited parameter.
My extended pet solution: make that FINE a MIDI-assignable BUTTON, so you can use your MIDI keyboard's knobs and buttons also to FINE control u-he synth parameters without mouse and PC keyboard.

And while you're at it, also provide a similar button RELATIVE.

Return to “u-he”