Patch Contest # 2 (Ended)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kyran wrote:I was just referring to the quote I posted, I wouldn't know who did the other one, so I yield :)
Sorry Kyran, wasn't trying to prove you wrong there! I think we maybe just got our wires crossed a little :? - (I thought that you were referring to the 'Less is more' quote).

Btw... I forgot to mention that the winner of this contest will again win a full copy of Berlin Modular! (In the previous contest everybody won, in this one only the highest ranking winner who hasn't won it yet)

Urs wrote:Btw... I forgot to mention that the winner of this contest will again win a full copy of Berlin Modular! (In the previous contest everybody won, in this one only the highest ranking winner who hasn't won it yet)
:tu:

Just read through the thread, lazy freetime day here. So is it officially uncool to use an arp? Like having a sound that -could- be used remotely for trance? It's just for fun but nevertheless a competition ... :hihi:

Shogger
What?

shogger wrote:Just read through the thread, lazy freetime day here. So is it officially uncool to use an arp? Like having a sound that -could- be used remotely for trance?
Yes, you can use an arp. Whether it's cool or not is just down to personal preference.

If an arp is used in an interesting way that's ok by me. Where an arp is used just to add melodic interest to an otherwise uninspiring sound I'm less likely to vote for that.

Anyway that's just my preference (and I'm not exactly a trance fan either :wink: not that means a whole lot).

So, the 'official' line re arps is that, yes, you can use them.
Last edited by hakey on Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OK then. Not that my sound is explicitly trancey but I see the prefs of certain peeps. Hehehe... Arp will stay, for fun. :D

Shogger
What?

1 week to go - how's everyone getting on? I've got a couple of patches, one that I think I'm fairly pleased with. I'm glad Howard persuaded us to change the contest - there's plenty that can be done using one voice mod.

I'm thinking of using a collaborative type folder at Box.net for this contest. That way everyone should be able to upload their own entries to the same folder. I'm not sure whether to post a link to the folder in this thread (which would effectively mean that the folder and its contents would become public, with a small risk of malicious activity), or PM a link to those wishing to enter.

Any comments/preferences/ideas?

hakey wrote:Any comments/preferences/ideas?
I have an idea.
If it' alright with "bmrzycki".
Maybe we can just send the links to our preset/s to "bmrzycki", and he can then post them on the U.he patch page. Using a direct link for dl of course.

MCnoone wrote:I have an idea.
Maybe we can just send the links to our preset/s to "bmrzycki", and he can then post them on the U.he patch page. Using a direct link for dl of course.
Works for me. Link me your presets via your favorite sharing site (or your own website and I'll package them up. If time permits I'll try to normalize the volume of them like hakey did with the first set.

Very cool bmrzycki! Now off to work on a decent 2nd patch. :?

bmrzycki wrote:
MCnoone wrote:I have an idea.
Works for me. Link me your presets via your favorite sharing site (or your own website and I'll package them up. If time permits I'll try to normalize the volume of them like hakey did with the first set.
We just need to wait and see what hakey thinks of the idea first.
Last edited by mcnoone on Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think it's a great idea. :) (That is, so long as bmrzycki is happy doing that.)

Just a reminder - the deadline for submissions is tomorrow midnight GMT (Sunday 09 Aug). So you've got just over 24 hrs. :wink:

You can PM a link to your patch to either bmrzycki, or myself.

@ bmrzycki - I've already received one submission, so I'll send you a link including my entry and whatever else has come my way by close of competition.

Sounds good. So far I've only gotten submissions from 2 people. I hope quite a few are waiting until the last minute.

Hope to hear from y'all soon!

Return to “u-he”