Zebra Patch Contest # 14 - "Keys"

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Resonator63 wrote:Had a go at the Bazille contest,enjoyed it.
So I think i'll have a crack at this one too.
:)
Same goes for me.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

I assume the demo version can be used for this contest. correct?
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

satYatunes wrote:I assume the demo version can be used for this contest. correct?
I presume that YES! ...that's how I got my Zebra! :)

I'm currently using Zebra in demo mode, but I'm all set to lay claim to one license next week since it is so damn good. I can't seriously wait for a month to use it in my music. I tend to make tracks over 7 minutes in length, and 15 minutes is not a top limit for me even though I tend to create shorter tracks when it comes to hiphop and regular pop music, but when it comes to dance music; trance / house / hardstyle I want the track to prune at it's own pace.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

3ee wrote:
satYatunes wrote:I assume the demo version can be used for this contest. correct?
I presume that YES! ...that's how I got my Zebra! :)
Yes, 3ee is living proof that it's possible to win using the free demo! I think he's the only one to do so, so far...

hakey wrote:I think he's the only one to do so, so far...
ow boy... that doesn't sound pretty good! :lol:
OK... back to the subject:

Keyboards! (an important tip)
If you are going for the Grand Piano sound board resonance emulation, one idea is to use short delay time settings for that but, you gotta' set them just right so all 88 keys are free from any unpleasant resonances (feedback) that may occur.

It's recomanded to use the delay in a separate bus than the master bus for parallel tone adjustemnts.
The dry signal mixed with the wet has has a dramatic effect on the resulting piano tone and has to be carefully mixed.

More delays and dsp than necessary may result in a mushy and unclear sound... so keep it logical, clean and simple enough to be just right! ;)

Hope this is helpfull tip and don't forget that you can apply it to other patches as well ..if you didn't already done that. :hihi:

c ya! :)

Thanks for the hint there. And I don't intend to be number 2 to win using a demo version.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 95#4470695
JoBroMedia since 1996.

Three weeks to go....

Who's going to give it a go this time around?

hakey wrote:Three weeks to go....

Who's going to give it a go this time around?
Already sent my first patch. Pretty pleased with it :D

Exhile wrote: Already sent my first patch. Pretty pleased with it :D
:tu:

I get the feeling we're not going to break the 50 patch mark with this contest...

On the bright side, fewer people taking part means that those who do stand more chance of winning. :)

I've just sent my 2 patches.
:)

I have just made two patches. Before sending them I realised that they are made with the latest Zebra 2.5 Beta.
Will this be a problem?
EAT - SLEEP - SYNTH
http://soundcloud.com/pocvecem

pocvecem wrote:I have just made two patches. Before sending them I realised that they are made with the latest Zebra 2.5 Beta.
Will this be a problem?
Arghh!! I completely forgot about the extra osc fx modes that the 2.5 beta has! My fault! :oops:

The easiest solution will be to specify that we use the 2.5 beta when auditioning the patches. Would that cause anybody problems? It seems pretty stable to me.

Anyway good to see that people are giving this contest a go :tu:

Return to “u-he”