Zebra Patch Contest # 14 - "Keys"

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No extra osc fx modes used in my patches. More concerned about backwards compatibility.
Zebra 2.5 BetaWin64 is rock solid on my machine so far. Will send my patches now before I tweak them to death.
EAT - SLEEP - SYNTH
http://soundcloud.com/pocvecem

pocvecem wrote:No extra osc fx modes used in my patches. More concerned about backwards compatibility.
AFAIK, those extra osc fx modes are the only backwards compatibility issue.
Zebra 2.5 BetaWin64 is rock solid on my machine so far.

Same here - I would think an official release isn't far off?
Will send my patches now before I tweak them to death.
You're call. :) More often than not I come up with a really good tweak just after submitting my patches...

For me it is time to learn that something is finished.
I have got tons of selfmade sounds, samples and songs sleeping on my harddrives and my problem is that I never finish something completly. Always something can be done better.
The presets I like most are those where many controllers are assigned. All presets I use are tweaked with a Novation controller assigned to the XY pads. I can recommend this to everyone.
EAT - SLEEP - SYNTH
http://soundcloud.com/pocvecem

pocvecem wrote: All presets I use are tweaked with a Novation controller assigned to the XY pads. I can recommend this to everyone.
Not to say that patches with fully assigned XY pads tend do better in these contests. ;)

hakey wrote:More often than not I come up with a really good tweak just after submitting my patches...
Sometimes, extra tweaks can ruin your patch. Ya'know, when you got a great tone going and then you tweak some more and suddenly the patch lost it's character and it's not worth saving anymore. :hihi:

3ee wrote:Sometimes, extra tweaks can ruin your patch. Ya'know, when you got a great tone going and then you tweak some more and suddenly the patch lost it's character and it's not worth saving anymore.
You do know that Zebra has an undo button? :wink:

Less than 2 weeks to go...

hakey wrote: You do know that Zebra has an undo button? :wink:
Yes, just didn't got used to it yet, anyway as I remember it doesn't undo all changes i.e. loading a new oscillator... plus I find myself spending most of the time with the Unempty Dark Horse skin and that doesn't show the undo/redo arrows.

I just save tweaked versions under different names as I'm going along - back and forth A/Bing to decide which sounds better. No need to ever lose a patch through over tweaking.

Is there a list of names who've submitted patches ? I just wanna check mine got through ok, cos my email is being wierd...
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote:Is there a list of names who've submitted patches ? I just wanna check mine got through ok, cos my email is being wierd...
Just PM bmrzycki and ask him if he's received your submissions. :)

Just an FYI. I've started a new job this week and it looks like there's a considerable backlog of work. As such I'll probably be spending a lot less time counting up people's votes in real-time. I can do it when I get home though. I don't mind dealing with organizing and uploading the presets (I need to put them on the patchlib anyway). Just letting everyone know before-hand if they don't see the usual timely updates from me when voting starts.

Cheers! :)
-Brian

^ Hey Brian, good luck with the new job! :)
Everyone else.. let's join the discussion a bit, shall we? ..
"KEYS" .. waddapp?! :D

"Keys" .. one of the things that we drive our melodic ideas with and we can think in some circumstances that "melody is king" and may be correct.

Either that we sketch something or mess around, the piano is and will be one of those instruments that attracts us in a mysterious and mystical way. (Just remember (if applicable), when you where young, when a piano was around... you've maybe felt a strange attraction to press some keys! :) )

The piano tone in totality may be compared in some way with the "helvetica" font ... round and in some way, just perfect.
http://documentaryheaven.com/helvetica

As with this Zebra challenge, you don't need to necessarly emulate a piano tone to get a piano-like sound. As I recal, Zebra was build to be a futuristic synth without any strings attached, so why not try to design your own expressive "piano-like" instrument, with a unique tone... tweaked to "perfection" by YOU! ;)

Just over a week to go - plenty of time to knock something together...

Return to “u-he”