>>> ZPC#15 - Drum Kit In A Patch <<<

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay, here's a very basic example of keysplitting a three part drum kit in Zebra (it has to be said that this is for illustration purposes only - those expecting a useful/usable patch will be disappointed ;) ):

Keysplit Patch

C1 to B1 is a kick which is being produced by the module labelled 'OSC1' in the grid (it's a sine wave being rapidly pitch swept down). Click on the 'OSC 1' tab at the bottom left of the screen to look at the Osc1 settings. Notice the 'Key -> Gain' diagram - the rectangle formed by the grey lines and green pixels is showing that for the notes lying underneath (the octave above C1) the gain (~volume) for Osc1 will be 100% and for all other notes 0%; Osc1 will only sound for this octave.

From C2 to B2 'Noise1' is producing a very crude analogue snare. The Noise modules don't have a dedicated settings section, so the keysplitting/mapping is instead managed using ModMapper1 (right hand side of the screen) which is routed to modulate Volume in the Noise module.

From C3 to B3 is something like bongo/congo. The 'Comb' module is producing the tone, the keymapping is Modmapper2 routed to Comb volume.

Hope that helps and feel free to use this patch as a starting point. :)

I just sent in my patches,
I know it's still time,
but my main DAW is not working atm
and I don't know if it will before the end of the contest
so I just took what I have so far

I hope someone will like it ;-)

rsmus7 wrote:I just sent in my patches
:tu:

IrionDaRonin wrote:I downloaded the Spanish Manual in PDF, but there is nothing about how to map.
I guess that Howard's updated Zebra manual hasn't yet been translated to Spanish?

If so I'd recommmend dl'ing it here:

http://www.u-he.com/downloads/Zebra/Zeb ... _Guide.zip

See page 26 for key splitting oscillators and 53 for how to use the ModMapper.

I'm got a few patches to submit as well, just going to tweak them untill the submission date.

One thing is annoying me though. I'm trying to make a patch where modmappers change a filter's frequency and the env's decay by key, but only the former's working. No matter what I do, I can't get different decay values this way.

Here's a screenshot that can hopefully help anyone pinpoint what I'm doing wrong:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17715/zebra_mmap_env.png

About 24 hours until the deadline! :-o

hakey wrote:About 24 hours until the deadline! :-o
:-o
I hope I can finish something until then!

Cheers
Dennis

Applying final touches. :D

Bronto Scorpio wrote:
If it makes you feel any better I've only just started on my patch.

hakey wrote:
Bronto Scorpio wrote:
If it makes you feel any better I've only just started on my patch.
Dito :hihi:

I always wait to long. I already finished 1 patch for the FMO only contest though :? :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis

Well, this is potentially quite a complex task and it's easy to over complicate things with Zebra - I reckon keeping things fairly simple is key here (at least it is for my easily confused brain).

I've started and abandoned quite a few attempts before coming up with an idea that seems workable.

hakey wrote:Well, this is potentially quite a complex task and it's easy to over complicate things with Zebra - I reckon keeping things fairly simple is key here (at least it is for my easily confused brain).

I've started and abandoned quite a few attempts before coming up with an idea that seems workable.
Yes, a bit of planning has to be involved here. My first kit is almost ready :)

Maybe I'll finish a second kit until the deadline is reached :)

Cheers
Dennis
Last edited by Bronto Scorpio on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Just an FYI, we have a small field so far. I've received presets from the folllowing people:
rsmus7, 3ee, Neverone, HiEnergy, hellleutel

Get those patches in, you all have a good chance of walking away with a u-he product... :)

I stopped to tweak my preset now. I just sent it in :)

Cheers
Dennis

I can't wait until the voting starts :wheee:
Really curious what others came up with!
I guess I have no chance to win but it was fun to create the patch nontheless :)

Cheers
Dennis

Return to “u-he”