New DIVA components

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic

Which synth's components would you like to see u-he add to DIVA next?

Yamaha CS-80
25%
Oberheim OB-X
27%
Prophet 5 V2
15%
ARP 2500
8%
Synthacon Filters
1%
Roland TB-303 Filters
14%
Synthi
5%
Polyvoks
6%

Total votes: 488

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd vote for the Roland SH1 or System 100, Oberheim SEM and CS80. But like everyone else, I'm optimistic whatever you do. :)

Crackbaby wrote:Im sure ill get it regardless .. i wouldn't be much of a kvrian otherwise ;) Aren't D16 very pricey though? As my sig says, i got plenty of synths already :lol: (that's not all, just the ones i use the most)
LOL!

D16 runs incredible sales annually. I'd be surprised if they don't run an introductory sale.

core wrote: The mc-202 is the only bit of hardware I'd still like to have. I blame squarepusher. Hopefully lush-101 will kill my desire :hihi:
Same here, loving & lurking on the 101/202 because of Theme for Ernest Borgnine ! Damn I'd love a 101 inside Diva... I don't like LuSH 101's audio demos, unfortunately. Hopefully jamming with it will be more convincing.

Paradoxically the Roland modules in Diva are the ones I'm less using though...

Synthacon would be great... I guess I have to blame The Tuss :hihi:

Anyway, I loooooove Diva (which becomes the most fantastic thing ever in my Numerology 3 Pro based set-up), these days mostly using the MS20 rev2 to get anything wild.

So I'd say I just want some new modules with tons and tons of caracter. The wilder the better ! :D
Last edited by nilhartman on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

One module that i'd like very much to see would require no circuit modelling at all:
it would be an audio input...
I think it would be fantastic to have the possiblity of using all the DIVA-madness in combination with
audio signals.
Probably with options like frequency followers...

I know this is a million miles off from happening, but I'd love the SID oscillators and filters to be added. Not only are they full of character but they'd also bring a lot of materials to the table:

- Three oscillators with sync and crude ringmod (flipping the polarity of the waveform to the clock of the modulator)

- The usual waveforms and PWM pulse, but when you activate two or more together you get a crazy mashup of the digital waveform logic resulting in some very usable, raspy and unique waveforms.

- Tonal sample-and-hold noise with keyfollow for a wide range of noise colours.

- Multimode filter with simultaneous LP, BP and HP outputs. The filter is very 'weak' and slushy but characterful, providing the perfect counterpart to the existing filters.

The SID really is an amazingly unique DCO synth hidden away in a home computer. :hihi:

I'm even willing to donate my C64 for testing purposes, but I imagine trying to extract the good stuff from it without knowledge of C64 machine-level programming would just be too hard. :cry:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

nilhartman wrote:So I'd say I just want some new modules with tons and tons of caracter. The wilder the better ! :D
As Meg Ryan would say, "YES! YES! YES!" ;)

I Want a D50 Digital Native Dance Oscillator, and I want it now.

Sendy wrote:303, CS-80
same here, altho not being an analog expert I voted for 2 that I am familiar with. Pretty sure what ever the guys decide to add will be good.

EDIT... didn't see SH101 there, but saw it mentioned in the thread.. +1

Uncle E wrote:Urs mentioned in another thread that he has access to all of these synths. Which one's components would you like to see u-he add to DIVA next?
Don't see why anything needs to be added to DIVA 1.x which is complete. I might be in the minority here but prefer straight synth emulations with less options.

Sometime down the line DIVA 2.x could debut as a full blown modular system like Reaktor incorporating filters and oscillators from all the synths in the Urs collection.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Sendy wrote:I know this is a million miles off from happening, but I'd love the SID oscillators and filters to be added. Not only are they full of character but they'd also bring a lot of materials to the table:

- Three oscillators with sync and crude ringmod (flipping the polarity of the waveform to the clock of the modulator)

- The usual waveforms and PWM pulse, but when you activate two or more together you get a crazy mashup of the digital waveform logic resulting in some very usable, raspy and unique waveforms.

- Tonal sample-and-hold noise with keyfollow for a wide range of noise colours.

- Multimode filter with simultaneous LP, BP and HP outputs. The filter is very 'weak' and slushy but characterful, providing the perfect counterpart to the existing filters.

The SID really is an amazingly unique DCO synth hidden away in a home computer. :hihi:

I'm even willing to donate my C64 for testing purposes, but I imagine trying to extract the good stuff from it without knowledge of C64 machine-level programming would just be too hard. :cry:
Have you tried the Plogue Chip Sounds software out?

It's got a fairly decent SID sound in it.
:borg:

electro wrote:Don't see why anything needs to be added to DIVA 1.x which is complete. I might be in the minority here but prefer straight synth emulations with less options.
Agreed! I think it's fun to think of u-he making an expanded version like he did with Dark Zebra but by no means do I think DIVA is lacking in any way.

Im sure whatever modules are added would cost us a little ... and i wouldn't have the slightest problem with that. Call it 1.x or 2.x or x.0 ... doesn't matter to me!

I agree with "the wilder the better" :)

About the lush-101, anyone seen any info about it being an emulation of the sh-101?

And yes yes yes ...! Audio input!!!!
:hug:

I voted 3 oh 3. But that's only the idea of a hint of a rumour. 8)

stillshaded wrote:I didn't vote, because my next choice for an emulated component would be the Waldorf PPG oscilator. :D
+1
PPG Wave 2.3 (+ wave term B)
i'd be happy to pay an hefty price for an "80s digital" upgrade (let's say another 150$).
including also a dx7 or tx81z operators in the oscillator section ( a rich fm tone shaped by a moog filter mmmmm nice)
i guess darkzebra has pretty much all this somehow covered and more...but the interface and the 400$ price tag (including vat) are scary (and i don't see any upgrade for diva users yet :( )

of the listed choices i'll go with ob-x ( just cos diva needs a SEM filter to complete the jigsaw) and a prophet5 rev2 (just cos The Twins used it) and a cs80 (out of curiosoity)...but i don't want them strongly enough to pay an upgrade price for them so i won't vote.

i'm allready happy with what i got in Diva (and i'm grateful for the little improvements of 1.1.1 ) ...the only update i'd really wish is for a couple of different noise generator variations in the modification panel to choose from ( balanced, dark, hissy, fizzy etc )....or even better have all noises match their originals, although some ppl might complain about preset compatibility etc

the world needs another 303 as badly as the iPhone needs another Fart app.

filters and mod modules please!
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Return to “u-he”