Latest Builds (rev 2228) (Apr 9th)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote:They are Reaper like... super powerful and lacking in intuitive easy use...
Big 10-04 on that!!

(FWIW…and to return to the thread...I was trying them out in Diva 2228 in Reaper 4.581 on OSX.)

ho66it wrote:
pdxindy wrote:They are Reaper like... super powerful and lacking in intuitive easy use...
Big 10-04 on that!!

(FWIW…and to return to the thread...I was trying them out in Diva 2228 in Reaper 4.581 on OSX.)
I was also trying them out in Reaper to test Diva... so far I have no trouble automating Diva in Reaper and Live... only Bitwig crashes Diva (and other u-he synths) when automating

Reaper's Parameter modulation FTW. Sidechaining and modulating ANY automatable parameter... Take that, VST 3! :P

The main issue we tried to fix was the showstopping crash in Pro Tools - among the random crashes, e.g. when closing Diva or moving a plug-in from one slot to another. Also the Maschine hang of course. Those should be history now.

I'm not sure how we could be crashed by automation in Bitwig, but I'll investigate that shortly as well :)

Urs wrote:The main issue we tried to fix was the showstopping crash in Pro Tools - among the random crashes, e.g. when closing Diva or moving a plug-in from one slot to another. Also the Maschine hang of course. Those should be history now.

I'm not sure how we could be crashed by automation in Bitwig, but I'll investigate that shortly as well :)
Is the azimuth (Satin) supposed to be on this build, Urs? I read about it in the user guide but I can't see it in the plugin.

The latest builds of Zebra, and Diva, (that's all I've installed so far) are not doing the permissions correctly (again) on Mac OS 10.6.8
The problem (unlike previous versions of these plugins) is during the install process.
It no longer gives choices as to which user to install it for.
It only makes the choice shown for "All Users" and does not include any other choice.
So I end up with strange permissions for things like __unknown, and the preset folders for them do the same thing.
I'll correct them manually, but it's really getting annoying, due to the fact that this didn't happen with older version numbers before.
I believe it started with versions from December2013 then thereafter.

Mercado_Negro wrote:Is the azimuth (Satin) supposed to be on this build, Urs? I read about it in the user guide but I can't see it in the plugin.
Sigh. Nope. It's planned for Satin 1.2, but somehow it sneaked into the user guide. Will revert to former user guide tomorrow.

We won't add new features until the stability issues are fixed.

mcnoone wrote:The latest builds of Zebra, and Diva, (that's all I've installed so far) are not doing the permissions correctly (again) on Mac OS 10.6.8
The problem (unlike previous versions of these plugins) is during the install process.
Well, the 2228 has the same permissions as the one before 2211. Because 2211 was even worse than previous builds.
It no longer gives choices as to which user to install it for.
That's an improvement. The installation has always been for all users, no matter what one could choose. The choice IMHO was a bug in the installer software, and it was never present in the original installers before we moved to an automatic build system (and away from a working installer software to Apple's own)

#---

To be honest, right now, I don't know what to do anymore. These installers are perfectly virgin with everything double and triple checked to do default Apple settings. We have installed these on multiple machines without a single permissions issue. I'm rather underwhelmed by this.

Can you send a screenshot of the settings to support at u-he dot com?

Anyone else noticed ACE not loading last preset used when loading a set in Ableton Live 9? The preset is loaded can see the patch cables and the knobs are moved but no sound until I choose another preset and the preset loaded silent makes sound again when re chosen.

ACE 2211
Win 8.1
Live 9.1.2

Urs wrote:Can you send a screenshot of the settings to support at u-he dot com?
I sent a screenshot.
Btw...I am not the only one who posted about this issue here.
There was another user a few months ago who posted about the same permissions issue.
Regardless of it being installed for all users or not, it shouldn't have "_unknown" as a permission. It should also have the name of the Mac as user, and the administrator (admin) as permissions, but it doesn't even list them...unlike all my other non-U-he plugins do.

Urs wrote:
Mercado_Negro wrote:Is the azimuth (Satin) supposed to be on this build, Urs? I read about it in the user guide but I can't see it in the plugin.
Sigh. Nope. It's planned for Satin 1.2, but somehow it sneaked into the user guide. Will revert to former user guide tomorrow.

We won't add new features until the stability issues are fixed.
Ok, thanks. Just was confusing.

Kaboom75 wrote:Anyone else noticed ACE not loading last preset used when loading a set in Ableton Live 9? The preset is loaded can see the patch cables and the knobs are moved but no sound until I choose another preset and the preset loaded silent makes sound again when re chosen.

ACE 2211
Win 8.1
Live 9.1.2
I noticed that in Diva! I loaded a set and i can see the preset name but i hear no sound. when i load another preset and get back to my original one it works.

Kaboom75 wrote:Anyone else noticed ACE not loading last preset used when loading a set in Ableton Live 9? The preset is loaded can see the patch cables and the knobs are moved but no sound until I choose another preset and the preset loaded silent makes sound again when re chosen.

ACE 2211
Win 8.1
Live 9.1.2
How about 2228 I posted yesterday?

mcnoone wrote:
Urs wrote:Can you send a screenshot of the settings to support at u-he dot com?
I sent a screenshot.
Btw...I am not the only one who posted about this issue here.
There was another user a few months ago who posted about the same permissions issue.
Regardless of it being installed for all users or not, it shouldn't have "_unknown" as a permission. It should also have the name of the Mac as user, and the administrator (admin) as permissions, but it doesn't even list them...unlike all my other non-U-he plugins do.
I know that the issue exists and we could reproduce it with 2211. But we could not reproduce it anymore with revision 2228 that I posted here yesterday.

You also mentioned it was happening in a different way, hence my request for a screenshot so we can try to figure it out :)

I think I figured it out, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

The Apple Installer wants our plugins to be owned by root/admin *before* it packs it. Otherwise it takes over the current user's credentials, which in case of our build server would be some daemon or something.

Normally XCode can set those file ownerships. Unfortunately we can't have that because we want to generate multiple plug-in formats and we need a crude hack to make VST2 work as 64-bit. In order to make this work, our daemon as well as each developer here would have to run their machines as root user, most of the time.

It's kind of hilarious.

I'll try to figure something out. It seems that we need to redo the whole automated build process.

Before we do that I'll try to add some new scripts to the installer. Maybe those can help.

Return to “u-he”