RELATED
PRODUCTS

New Thread:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=411649

old stuff:

Hi all,

Here are the latest builds of our stuff, ready for public testing:

Windows:

ACE2242Win.zip, Diva2242Win.zip, Filterscape2242Win.zip, MFM22242Win.zip, Podolski2242Win.zip,
Satin2242Win.zip, TripleCheese2242Win.zip, Uhbik2242Win.zip, Zebra22242Win.zip
ZebraCM2242Win.zip

Mac:

ACE2242Mac.zip, Diva2242Mac.zip, Filterscape2242Mac.zip, MFM22242Mac.zip, Podolski2242Mac.zip,
Satin2242Mac.zip TripleCheese2242Mac.zip, Uhbik2242Mac.zip, Zebra22242Mac.zip
ZebraCM2242Mac.zip

Changes since 2228 (click for version history etc.)
  • hopefully fixed crash bug in Bitwig on MacOS X (was a Cocoa drawing issue)
  • put full Mousewheel support back into VST2
  • fixed All Notes Off issue with Zebra (abrupt releases)
  • fixed Pan/Vol Mod Labels in ZebraCM
  • fixed MIDI Unlearn in AAX / Pro Tools
  • reworked Mac Installers with Apple recommended ownerships (System/Admin)
  • correct Satin 1.1 user guide
  • added full resolution to 7-bit MIDI Learn
  • moved Runciter from Example to Harmonic category in PT
  • added host/os/bitdepth/plug-in format to logging facility
  • correct UI size for Satin in Live 32-bit VST
  • fixed erratic parameter loopback in Satin (possibly fixing a lot of random issues)
As these builds have probably reached a state that is more stable than our official releases, I would like to push them through testing/public beta/release candidates as soon as possible. Maybe we can release as soon as Easter :-)

Important Note for ACE users: If you upgrade ACE from a version prior to 1.2 then you might have to re-assign parameters in track automation. Read more

Important Note for Satin users: If you update Satin from a version prior to 1.1.1 then you can't easily "go back" because presets saved with the new version don't open in older versions. Please back up your projects with Satin before you update, then restore them if you need to go back to Satin 1.1 or 1.0 (which we hope you don't have to)

Note for TDZ users: Updating ZebraHZ takes a bit more work than just upload an automatically generated zip. We'll post an update once the major issues are confirmed to be fixed, and we'll announce this here.

Thanks,

- Urs

some more background info:

A few months ago we decided to drastically shorten the time between development stages and public deployment. So now, when we've worked through a bunch of feature requests and bugfixes, we post the absolute latest and freshest versions here, in public. This way we hope to catch bugs and issues much quicker than in usual development cycles. We also hope to provide quick fixes and workarounds whenever people experience problems with our official release versions.

Is it dangerous to install these version? - Yes, they obviously have beta status and they're not tried and tested broadly. But: They are as good as a freshly released software can be and they fix a lot of issues that are still present in the official versions.

Here comes the gist: We release these shortly after changes were made. Thus, whenever a bug is reported, chances are good that it occurs in a part that a developer has just touched. So the developer needs less time to understand the issue and fix it. Therefore, the software ultimately becomes better in shorter time than it would be possible with, say, annual updates.

Thus, the more people who install and use these versions, there more stable it gets 8)

-changed initial open/close laws for preset folder
Can you please tell me what does this mean?
God save the Groove!

maurone dj wrote:-changed initial open/close laws for preset folder
Oh, yeah. It means that when you open the editor and go to the presets, only the first level of preset folders is expanded. Lower levels are collapsed by default.

Most people won't notice, but sound designers who often create new folders and choose the "refresh folder list" option will appreciate it.

Urs wrote:
Oh, yeah. It means that when you open the editor and go to the presets, only the first level of preset folders is expanded. Lower levels are collapsed by default.

Most people won't notice, but sound designers who often create new folders and choose the "refresh folder list" option will appreciate it.
Oh no I really appreciate this as I've requested in a topic some days ago.
I don't know if you read it but if so you are the quickest company in the market :love:.
God save the Groove!

Hahaha, no it's been a standing feature request for quiet a while :oops:

Urs wrote:

Not sure if this is the same thing, but was this fixed for Dark Zebra?
Whenever you open the Zebra presets folder in it, it opens every single subfolder......
also has an updated HZ Zebra aka Dark Zebra been placed in the licensee's accounts?
thanks

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:Not sure if this is the same thing, but was this fixed for Dark Zebra?
Whenever you open the Zebra presets folder in it, it opens every single subfolder......
also has an updated HZ Zebra aka Dark Zebra been placed in the licensee's accounts?
thanks
It was fixed last week, and this is the first build to hit the public.

Updating ZebraHZ takes a bit more work than just upload an automatically generated zip. We'll post an update once the major issues are confirmed to be fixed. (I'll add that info to teh first post)

Thanks Urs.

rsp
sound sculptist

Btw, I assume the vst3 reworks haven't started yet?
is that correct?
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Correct.

Not sure if the preset handling has changed in a way that this is supposed to happen. But on both Cubase on Mac, and Nuendo on PC............loading older presets using these updates, loads all the parameters except the patch/preset name.
This is all using vst2 64bit.

Is this suppose to be happening? I skipped the last set of betas post January/December.
thanks.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:Btw, I assume the vst3 reworks haven't started yet?
is that correct?
Yes, but many VST3-specific issues may have improved. For instance, I had no problem opening our VST3s in FL Studio, which before was an immediate crash.

We have to evaluate all VST3 issues again with those fixes in mind.

zvenx wrote:Not sure if the preset handling has changed in a way that this is supposed to happen. But on both Cubase on Mac, and Nuendo on PC............loading older presets using these updates, loads all the parameters except the patch/preset name.
Hmmm, no, that's new to me. Just to make sure we're looking at the right thing:

Where is the preset name missing?
- our edit display (*)
- Cubase/Nuendo track display or editor toolbar
- preselected path in our built-in preset browser

How do you load older presets?
- opening a project, loading the embedded settings (*)
- load preset via Cubase/Nuendo built-in preset facility
- load via built-in preset browser in our plug-in

The marked with (*) answers are those that I would have guessed. Is that what you see?

Thanks,

- Urs

Urs wrote:
zvenx wrote:Not sure if the preset handling has changed in a way that this is supposed to happen. But on both Cubase on Mac, and Nuendo on PC............loading older presets using these updates, loads all the parameters except the patch/preset name.
Hmmm, no, that's new to me. Just to make sure we're looking at the right thing:

Where is the preset name missing?
- our edit display (*)
- Cubase/Nuendo track display or editor toolbar
- preselected path in our built-in preset browser

How do you load older presets?
- opening a project, loading the embedded settings (*)
- load preset via Cubase/Nuendo built-in preset facility
- load via built-in preset browser in our plug-in

The marked with (*) answers are those that I would have guessed. Is that what you see?

Thanks,

- Urs

Hi, your edit display.

sorry I meant loading older projects not older presets.
that is I open a project that I used a preset in in one of your plugins, or Cubendo allows you to choose a default setting or preset..... I usually have one of your presets saved as the default for that plugin in Nuendo.....loading a new instance of that plugin in fresh project doesn't show you the preset name.

rsp
sound sculptist

Hi,

will the "unit" issue during the display automation parameters be addressed in the near future? emoving this string would amke editing Diva, ACE et al even better on hardware controllers ;)

Thanks!

Cheers

Return to “u-he”