Diva midi control - tune VCO 2 & 3 by octave?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to have VCO's 2 and 3 only change by octave when using midi control in Diva? I'm using Emulator Pro software to send CC to Ableton from a Windows touch screen. I opened up the midiassign.txt file and changed "normal" to "octaves" for Tune2 and Tune3, but it seems like the tune knobs still change continuously instead of in octaves.

Thanks!

Yep, see "MIDI Control" chapter in the user guide. Check out the "octaves" option.

Hi Urs -

Thank you very much for the reply!

I've tried switching the "midi controllers" option in Diva to "Octaves", and changed the entries for Tune2 and Tune3 in the midiassign.txt file in my diva vst folder to Octaves, but the changes are still continuous. Maybe I'm missing a step - do I need to click on the knobs first before selecting from the "midi controllers" list? Or do I need to "midi learn" after selecting "octaves"?

Also a general question - is the "midi controllers" option global for Diva, or can I have only the Tune parameters change by octave and the rest be continuous? I'm using Live 9 in case that makes a difference.

Amazing synth!!

You select the control mode "octaves" first, then MidiLearn the hardware knob. The option in the menu only affects the very next MidiLearn, it isn't really a 'global' thing. Maybe it should be called "MIDI Learn Mode" in the manual.

Thanks very much Howard, I got it working. I think my issue was with Live and not Diva. Such a fantastic instrument!

i made a little max4live device that assists mapping in case you wanted to control it internally to ableton. https://maxforlive.com/library/device/5979/diva-octaver
---------------------------------------------------------------
http://kirkwoodwest.com/

Was there ever a way added to allow octave vs continuous for automation based controllers, as opposed to midi learn? I haven't looked into it for a while but I remember using things like Push, Komplete Kontrol etc. was a pain with diva because you could just have the one control. A separate automatable octave control would be nice for those control surfaces. Or was a setting added for that too?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: ↑Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:15 pm Was there ever a way added to allow octave vs continuous for automation based controllers, as opposed to midi learn? I haven't looked into it for a while but I remember using things like Push, Komplete Kontrol etc. was a pain with diva because you could just have the one control. A separate automatable octave control would be nice for those control surfaces. Or was a setting added for that too?
I just checked. Looks like you can simply MIDI-Learn the pair twice, setting the Mode of one to 'Octaves' and the other to 'Semitone'.

Howard wrote: ↑Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:32 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: ↑Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:15 pm Was there ever a way added to allow octave vs continuous for automation based controllers, as opposed to midi learn? I haven't looked into it for a while but I remember using things like Push, Komplete Kontrol etc. was a pain with diva because you could just have the one control. A separate automatable octave control would be nice for those control surfaces. Or was a setting added for that too?
I just checked. Looks like you can simply MIDI-Learn the pair twice, setting the Mode of one to 'Octaves' and the other to 'Semitone'.
As I said, I'm talking about host ID based parameters, as opposed to midi learn. I see only a single control for each combination of range and detune (that being Tune in the parameter list). This is how most control surface mapping is done (Maschine, Komplete Kontrol, Push, Nektar, Novation automap etc.), not midi learn.

Ah yes, I skimmed the question too quickly - my bad. Sign of the times!

Return to β€œu-he”